Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Whole Home DVR and CC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   n4uaj

n4uaj

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Has anyone else who uses CC or DTV Subtitles noticed that the subtitles show up on the DVR that the program was recorded on but doesn't stream them out to the other receivers? This is an intermittent problem I have seen and at one time it seemed to be mostly PBS but now I have noticed it on other networks and VOD shows I have recorded. I am using the unsupported Whole Home with my own ethernet and router so customer service probably wouldnt even talk to me on this. I am using an HR21 HR24 and an H24 all networked together.

Thanks

Bill

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'm also running in unsupported mode (two HR-21's and one HR-20) and use DirecTV subtitles quite often. I've never had this happen to me.

#3 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Just a quick question. Do you have the CC or Directv captioning turned on at the client receiver, in addition to the receiver being used as server?

#4 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I use the DirecTV captioning at both the server and client DVR's.

spam firewall