Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Details About Fox Sports 1

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   RD in Fla

RD in Fla

Icon

• Registered
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hopefully all of the NASCAR content I currently enjoy on Speed is covered by Fox One.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, FUEL is expected to carry most of the motorsports coverage.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, FUEL is expected to carry most of the motorsports coverage.

why not reband FUEL to fox sports 1?? and move to fuel stuff to speed?

is it that speed is on more systems then fuel and at lower levels?

but on comcarp in some areas speed is in starter others sports pack. Even with in the same metro area.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#43 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

but on comcarp in some areas speed is in starter others sports pack. Even with in the same metro area.

Speed probably has better penetration in homes. Fuel is more than likely on higher tier packages and isn't in as many homes as a result.
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#44 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Speed traces back to Speedvision, so it has analog/expanded basic coverage in many areas, while many cable systems only offer Fuel in a digital package or a sports pack.

#45 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Fuel is only in around 35 million homes. Speed is in around 80 million. That's why.
Go Big Red!!!

#46 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Fox could do something stupid, like when Discovery Health changed to OWN and tried to cancel all of their existing carriage contracts and get new contracts to carry the new channel - but having 80 million subscribers is worth something.

Hopefully the stuff moved to Fuel will be replays and non-event auto related shows such as Car Warriors, Pinks, Pass Time, Truck U, Unique Whips and other "reality" shows that are not sports. Keep NASCAR races, practices and qualifying on "Fox Sports 1" as much as possible.

Trucks on dirt at Eldora. That belongs on the main channel (if not on Fox broadcast).

Edited by James Long, 29 November 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#47 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Fox could do something stupid, like when Discovery Health changed to OWN and tried to cancel all of their existing carriage contracts and get new contracts to carry the new channel - but having 80 million subscribers is worth something.

Hopefully the stuff moved to Fuel will be replays and non-event auto related shows such as Car Warriors, Pinks, Pass Time, Truck U, Unique Whips and other "reality" shows that are not sports. Keep NASCAR races, practices and qualifying on "Fox Sports 1" as much as possible.

Trucks on dirt at Eldora. That belongs on the main channel (if not on Fox broadcast).

http://en.wikipedia....ed_(TV_channel)

However, it was also noted that some of Speed's carriage agreements with cable companies require it to maintain a motorsports-oriented format—which could require it to re-negotiate carriage in some areas.

http://www.sportsbus...ox-channel.aspx

#48 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I think they might actually be able to put something on that is equal to ESPN. NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network, so far, aren't doing it. I think NBC/CBS' main problem is simply the lack of rights. I am an IndyCar fan, but that isn't enough to draw the numbers to NBC and CBS basically only has lower tier NCAA conferences. Fox actually has the rights to stuff people want to watch.

Something I don't understand is how un-integrated all of these companies seem to be. You'd think that NBC News/msnbc/NBC Sports/NBC Sports Network/NBC Broadcast would be one solid integrated block, same with Fox's properties. I think the one to get all of their stuff running in sync will be the one to knock off ESPN. But, imagine if ABC bought CNN. There are all of these pieces of an actual media empire that have been collected but no one is operating them to their full potential.

#49 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I think they might actually be able to put something on that is equal to ESPN. NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network, so far, aren't doing it. I think NBC/CBS' main problem is simply the lack of rights. I am an IndyCar fan, but that isn't enough to draw the numbers to NBC and CBS basically only has lower tier NCAA conferences. Fox actually has the rights to stuff people want to watch.

Something I don't understand is how un-integrated all of these companies seem to be. You'd think that NBC News/msnbc/NBC Sports/NBC Sports Network/NBC Broadcast would be one solid integrated block, same with Fox's properties. I think the one to get all of their stuff running in sync will be the one to knock off ESPN. But, imagine if ABC bought CNN. There are all of these pieces of an actual media empire that have been collected but no one is operating them to their full potential.

Nbc can't even get comcast together chiller / USN / others is not on comcast systems and they own NBC.

#50 OFFLINE   alnielsen

alnielsen

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts
  • LocationDuPage Co. IL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Baseball has an agreement with Fox. They need a place to broadcast their games.

Many people are expecting a new FOX all-sports channel coming soon, and Randy Freer, FSNG co-president, said to stay tuned regarding how it will parse out its baseball programming.

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb

Direct TV subscriber since 1999
Choice Ultimate Customer
Equipment:: HR21-700 HR20-700 H20-100 (owned) SlimLine 5 Antenna
Winegard HD 8800 8-Bay for OTA

KC9ZOU

#51 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

FWIW, in the Ohio area, there has been some whisper about FSN Ohio buying SportsTime Ohio (Cleveland Indians, MAC sports, Ohio High School playoffs).

One reason is TWC has apparently started a Sports Channel in the Dayton/Cinci area, and FSN doesn`t want TWC Sports getting a big chunk of NE Ohio.

FSN Ohio was operated by Charles Dolan (father of James & Larry) when the Indians were on FSN Ohio until SportsTime Ohio started in 2006

That would make FSN Ohio a big player again, especially in N Ohio, Indians territory.

FSN Ohio would then be run like FSN Florida/Sun Network between regions..

The word is the Indians owner Larry Dolan (not James, who runs MSG, NY Rangers, etc.) would still have an interset in the new venture

STO is a full time HD network, unlike FSN Ohio.

Edited by twiseguy, 30 November 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#52 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

FWIW, in the Ohio area, there has been some whisper about FSN Ohio buying SportsTime Ohio (Cleveland Indians, MAC sports, Ohio High School playoffs).

One reason is TWC has apparently started a Sports Channel in the Dayton/Cinci area, and FSN doesn`t want TWC Sports getting a big chunk of NE Ohio.

FSN Ohio was operated by Charles Dolan (father of James & Larry) when the Indians were on FSN Ohio until SportsTime Ohio started in 2006

That would make FSN Ohio a big player again, especially in N Ohio, Indians territory.

FSN Ohio would then be run like FSN Florida/Sun Network between regions..

The word is the Indians owner Larry Dolan (not James, who runs MSG, NY Rangers, etc.) would still have an interset in the new venture

STO is a full time HD network, unlike FSN Ohio.

FSNOhio is run by FOX and Cablevision ..STO is run by Indians. Indians ownership had no part of FSNOhio at any time.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#53 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,179 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hearing FUEL will replace SPEED when the conversion takes place

Where did you hear that? I follow all things NASCAR very close and this is the first I've heard of that. And Fuel's distribution is too low to justify the high cost of NASCAR.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#54 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

FSNOhio is run by FOX and Cablevision ..STO is run by Indians. Indians ownership had no part of FSNOhio at any time.

Charles Dolan did run Cablevision, FSNOhio,
Larry Dolan owns the Indians with STO ownership as a seperate entity.
So when he sells the Tribe, he`ll still have broadcasting rights.
James Dolan now runs Cablevision AMC networks, MSG, NY Rangers, etc.

We simply have too many Dolan`s here.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...