Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

COZI Barker Channel, AMC1 103w Ku Band

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

I see that NBC has the barker channel up for their new oldies channel COZI. It's on AMC1, 103w Ku band. I'm not sure when it launches but it should be within the month. It's now added to the list of other retro channels, like RTV, MeTV and AntennaTV. COZI is owned and operated by NBC and will appear as a subchannel, on 10 of the larger owner operated NBC affiliates, over the air.

Posted Image

Edited by PrinceLH, 26 November 2012 - 10:36 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Jon Ellis

Jon Ellis

Godfather

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Press reports a month or two ago said it was supposed to launch on 1/1. No affiliates have been announced other than the NBC O&O subchannels, replacing NBC Nonstop.

#3 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

You are correct. Just 10 O&O stations are carrying it. I'm sure, once contracts are fulfilled on some of the regular NBC affiliates, they will opt for COZI, over MeTV, THIS TV, RTV and AntennaTV.

I've noticed tonight, that MeTV has started to add commercials for upcoming programming changes for January, 2013. It must be when contracts for syndicated programming becomes due.

#4 OFFLINE   Jon Ellis

Jon Ellis

Godfather

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Most of the good rerun programming is already taken. This is just the opinion of a classic TV fan/TV news person, but Me-TV has the best lineup, followed by Antenna TV. Cozi TV's lineup looks to be better than RTV but not better than Me-TV or Antenna TV. I don't imagine many NBC affiliates will drop Me-TV or Antenna TV to pick up Cozi, but they might add it if they can put it on another channel. Otherwise, other stations will get the opportunity.

Classic TV is still a better idea than repeating loops of old news and weather, though. It amazes me that the network O&O big-wigs took so long to realize that very few people want to watch loops of outdated news and weather or unfamiliar lifestyle shows repeated hundreds of times. It's cheaper to put on familiar reruns and they get better ratings, too.

Just my 2 cents.

#5 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

I agree with you on MeTV and AntennaTV. I just wish AntennaTV was available by C/Ku band satellite.

I think COZI will eventually pick up steam, as programming becomes available and comes up for bid. It's too bad that a network couldn't reclaim all of their original programming and actually run it, in the order that it was originally presented. Retro commercials and all, just like TV Land used to.

I just hope they get the aspect ratio corrected, because I hate the stretchomatic. On day one, it wasn't stretched, then it changed on day two.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...