Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 Playback freezes and skips ahead several minutes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rrbhokies

rrbhokies

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Our HR24 is at 19% capacity. When playing back recorded shows, the recording will freeze and then after a few seconds skip ahead several minutes. I can use rewind and go back to where it skipped. The recording itself seems fine. The entire recording is there, it's a problem with the playback. I've rebooted the unit, but it's still happening. Anyone experienced this before?
HR34 Genie, Two HR24-500's, HR21-100 :
Samsung 55" LED 6150, Samsung 46" LED 6050, Sony 52" Bravia LCD , Sony 40" Bravia LCD, Sony HCD-X1 2.1 Home Theatre, Samsung Blu-Ray DVD Player, Apple TV 3rd generation, Xbox 360, Wii , XM Radio

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PHL

PHL

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Does it happen on every show? I've had extended skips like this happen once or twice over the years, but I chalked it up to a bad signal. If it happens repeatedly, I'd guess it was an issue with your hard drive. I just posted a similar issue in a different thread, but my skips are never longer than 1-2 seconds.
HR34 Living Room
HR24-500 Office
HR24-500 Bedroom
Whole Home DVR enabled :)

spam firewall