Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Online guide often shows LA/NY locals; remote scheduling intermittent

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I have trouble with the program guide at DirecTV's web site. I am fully logged into the site, but viewing the program guide displays New York and Los Angeles locals instead of my own. I have played around with "All Channels," "My Channels," and "Favorite Channels."

Sometimes, if I click through to read details about a particular program, and then return to the guide, my locals will correctly appear.

Today, though, that happened and hours of the grid for my locals indicated no program information was available. Then it seemed to switch back to NY/LA locals in the grid.

If I attempt to schedule a recording from the online guide, it usually fails. Sometimes if I come back a couple minutes later, it will let me successfully schedule it.

And just to be complicated, I was just looking at the details of two Seinfeld episodes airing tonight on TBS. The 6pm episode offers me a "Record Episode" button, but it fails. (We were unable to process your request at this time. Please try again, or call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000.) The 6:30 episode does not offer a "Record Episode" button at all.

I have also had troubles with the iPad and Android apps. Looking at those same two Seinfeld episodes in the Android app does not offer a Record button, and it also says "your subscription does not include this channel. Please visit the DirecTV website or call..." Clearly, I have TBS in my programming package.

Why is this all so messed up and inconsistent?
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...