Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR-20 List Not Showing on C31 Clients

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mbwolk

mbwolk

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

First post here. I've been a DirecTV customer for years and just made the jump to WHDVR with the "Genie" system. I have an HR-34, two HR-20s, and two C31 clients. Almost everything works.

Shows taped on the HR-20s show up on the HR-34, but they do not show up on the clients. I called the installers (I have a 90 day installation warranty) and they said that is a current limitation of the system.

Is that true? If not, what can I do to make it work? I've tried RBR on each unit. The HR-34 has the latest firmware. I have not tried updating firmware on the HR-20s.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,592 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

There's a software update rolling out soon that should provide this functionality. Currently your C31 Client boxes will only show recordings from the HR34.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

I assume that has to do with the RVU support side of it? Is that correct litzdog?

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

I assume that has to do with the RVU support side of it? Is that correct litzdog?

There are some issues/differences between RVU and MRV that are being sorted out.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

There are some issues/differences between RVU and MRV that are being sorted out.

I thought I read some posts that it had been fix and a 31 could see the playlist
is that not correct

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

I thought I read some posts that it had been fix and a 31 could see the playlist
is that not correct

It depends on which firmware is on what receiver.
"Yes" I can watch recordings from my HR24 on my C31, but I'm not sure I have the same versions of firmware.
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Say folks, OT for a moment;

While I guess I should know this, how do you get the "Tuner Activity" screen to display on the HR34?

Is it only enabled when RVU clients are used with the -34?

Technical documents like DIRECTV's "Facilitators Guide" where this particular image was taken from say nothing about it other than it an additional "new screen" of the HR34 above the HR24 with WHDVR.

Attached File  HR34_RVU_v1.0.bmp   525.81KB   74 downloads

#8 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Say folks, OT for a moment;

While I guess I should know this, how do you get the "Tuner Activity" screen to display on the HR34?

Is it only enabled when RVU clients are used with the -34?

Technical documents like DIRECTV's "Facilitators Guide" where this particular image was taken from say nothing about it other than it an additional "new screen" of the HR34 above the HR24 with WHDVR.

[ATTACH]30669[/ATTACH]

Given that your image comes from the old blue GUI, lord knows when they made it.

You can see the black version on either the client or the HMC when all the tuners are in use and you want to change channels.
You can't cancel a "live tuner" and only a recording to free up a tuner.
From the client, you can't stop the HMC live tuner, and from the HMC you can't cancel the client's tuner.
While I don't have three clients, if I did, and all were active, this would limit the HMC to only two recordings and to change the HMC channel, one would need to be canceled.
A.K.A VOS

#9 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

It depends on which firmware is on what receiver.
"Yes" I can watch recordings from my HR24 on my C31, but I'm not sure I have the same versions of firmware.

what I am not clear on is the firmware the same as a software update?
and will the firmware update its self?

#10 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

what I am not clear on is the firmware the same as a software update?
and will the firmware update its self?

Firmware/software in this case is the same.
The updates will come automatically.
A.K.A VOS

#11 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Given that your image comes from the old blue GUI, lord knows when they made it.

You can see the black version on either the client or the HMC when all the tuners are in use and you want to change channels.
You can't cancel a "live tuner" and only a recording to free up a tuner.
From the client, you can't stop the HMC live tuner, and from the HMC you can't cancel the client's tuner.
While I don't have three clients, if I did, and all were active, this would limit the HMC to only two recordings and to change the HMC channel, one would need to be canceled.

Yeah, I knew that image was in the old blue SD GUI, but the "Tuner Activity" screen feature would still be there with the upgrade to the HD-GUI.

I was also mistaken in thinking the HR34 had override privileges for its connected RVU clients and may claim a live tuner from an active RVU client. However I see now that only another RVU client may have the option to claim the tuner of another client.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...