Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey won't see 2nd hopper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joetekcor

joetekcor

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

I recently upgraded to a 2 Hopper/4 Joey system. The install went relatively well. The only issue I have is one of the Joeys will only see one of the Hoppers. I was able to link it to the main hopper, but I'd really rather link it to the other one. Regardless of that, it can only see the recordings from the main hopper it's linked to.

I've searched the forums for help. I've seen references to substandard wiring and connectors causing communication issues. I've checked connections and everything looks good. The house was built in 2000 and all of the wiring is pretty high quality. The fact that I can see one of the hoppers just fine leads me to think that it isn't a wiring issue. Am I wrong here?

The software on the system just updated the other night to the newest release. I even reset everything after that and it still won't see the 2nd hopper.

Are there any tricks or things that I could test? Should I swap Joeys between rooms to see if the problem follows the Joey? I know I could call a tech out, but I'm normally a do it yourself-er and I'd rather not spend a day waiting for a tech to show.

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I had an issue where there was a diplexer in my wall I didn't know about. Kept my Joey from seeing either one. Swap the Joeys and see if the problem follows, but check the wiring in the room that's got the problem.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   lonerwulf

lonerwulf

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Is that jokey connected by a tap?

spam firewall