Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x062C (Winter 2013) Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#41 ONLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

maybe it's just me, but has anyone else noticed the DVR's are really quiet with this release? My HR21-100 got the update a few days ago around 2:30AM and until I got up and turned it on, I thought the thing had failed. I heard the initial hard drive shutdown as it went to reboot and then didn't hear anything else. After about 30 minutes, I got tired of waiting for the reboot noise and turned on the TV to see what was going on. It was happily chugging along without any issues. I also noticed last night that it was really quiet in the bedroom compared to the normal hard drive churning and fan noise I usually hear

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I got 62c this morning on at least the 2 HR24-500s that I control. Everything seems to work fine and channel switching is consistent, even if not faster yet. Right now it is repopulating those things that get cleared out, so I'll know better tomorrow about that.

I have Native ON and all resolutions checked, so channel changing is a bit slower than it could be.

Overall it doesn't seem to have changed much of anything, but it didn't break anything either.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#43 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,585 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

I finally received the update today. Everything is the same, nothing has changed, and I'm still missing the logos for 35 channels.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#44 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

I dont understand my HR21-700 hasnt received a software update since June i'm still stuck on 0x5d2

Edited by gregftlaud, 13 December 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#45 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

I got 62c this morning on at least the 2 HR24-500s that I control. Everything seems to work fine and channel switching is consistent, even if not faster yet. Right now it is repopulating those things that get cleared out, so I'll know better tomorrow about that.

I have Native ON and all resolutions checked, so channel changing is a bit slower than it could be.

Overall it doesn't seem to have changed much of anything, but it didn't break anything either.

What a difference a day makes! :)

Channel changing is now much quicker than it was and most other functions seem a bit quicker too. So far, this has been a good update.

And all the unpopulated things are now populated just fine.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#46 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I dont understand my HR21-700 hasnt received a software update since June i'm still stuck on 0x5d2

It is a puzzle as to how they do the rollouts for sure.
I got it on my HR23 a couple of days ago.
The HR24 got it yesterday.
My son's H21 does not have it yet.

It will come soon.

Edit: the H21 got it this morning at 4 am.

Edited by jimmie57, 13 December 2012 - 06:53 PM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#47 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,585 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Reset your DVR and press 02468 when you see the blue screen, it'' force it to look for the update. Worked for me.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

#48 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 8,876 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Reset your DVR and press 02468 when you see the blue screen, it'' force it to look for the update. Worked for me.

I would suggest that you not do that, the Hx2x FW is not always in the stream so you will be wasting your time or you may download something you were not expecting to get and may be full of bugs, problems or may just wipe your DVR clean.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#49 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,585 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I would suggest that you not do that, the Hx2x FW is not always in the stream so you will be wasting your time or you may download something you were not expecting to get and may be full of bugs, problems or may just wipe your DVR clean.

Well there's no ill effects and my recorded shows are all still there...

DIRECTV customer

#50 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Still waiting for this upgrade.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#51 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

One way of doing it which could be a PITA would be swapping DVR's to where the main DVR that's directly connected from the dish (at least that's how it worked for me since I have I don't have swm setup on slimline 5 dish) to which I understand they push updates faster that way but also changing locations on directv website under "my equipment" has worked for me but can be a PITA moving around especially if you also have EHD connected to each DVR.
Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 Deactivated
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#52 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

One way of doing it which could be a PITA would be swapping DVR's to where the main DVR that's directly connected from the dish (at least that's how it worked for me since I have I don't have swm setup on slimline 5 dish) to which I understand they push updates faster that way but also changing locations on directv website under "my equipment" has worked for me but can be a PITA moving around especially if you also have EHD connected to each DVR.

Where did you hear that? Not sure what was going on, but simply changing locations in your house will/should have no effect on when you get the update. Its usually based on zip codes and account numbers in general, and maybe even access cards, assuming that each individual model has an update to be released in the first place. Nothing to do with how its connected to your dish. You likely got the update because of the restart and maybe updating the sat settings or something, forcing it to look for new software, but not because it was in a different location or connected differently. Changing designations on the web site also should have zero affect. Again, its not based n these things.

Truth is though, if you haven't gotten the update yet, there is likely a reason they have stopped pushing it out to everyone, and you might be best served waiting rather than trying to get it now.... Just a thought....

#53 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

There hasn't been a full rollout to everyone since that update as far as I know, which is why you haven't gotten it yet. Your likely on the end of the list, and they haven't made it that far yet.

#54 OFFLINE   JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I am not sure if this is related to this software update, but I noticed tonight, the recordings set up in my series recordings are not automatically moving to a later time if available, but instead just show a "will not record" on the To Do list.

“The problem with quotes from the internet is that you cannot always verify the authenticity.”

---------Abraham Lincoln

#55 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Where did you hear that? Not sure what was going on, but simply changing locations in your house will/should have no effect on when you get the update. Its usually based on zip codes and account numbers in general, and maybe even access cards, assuming that each individual model has an update to be released in the first place. Nothing to do with how its connected to your dish. You likely got the update because of the restart and maybe updating the sat settings or something, forcing it to look for new software, but not because it was in a different location or connected differently. Changing designations on the web site also should have zero affect. Again, its not based n these things.

Truth is though, if you haven't gotten the update yet, there is likely a reason they have stopped pushing it out to everyone, and you might be best served waiting rather than trying to get it now.... Just a thought....

It worked on my HR22 and HR24 connected to the same tv from the coax connection from the dish all other receivers are connected from zinwell switch, BTW I received SW on HR22 first where the main coax is coming from and then moved HR24 to same place after moving back HR22 to it's original place.

Edited by acostapimps, 13 December 2012 - 11:35 PM.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 Deactivated
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#56 ONLINE   Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

Got the update a couple of days ago (HR21-700). So far, there've been no seriouss lockup issues, yet, as with the previous release (DVR would lock up, not responding to remote commands for 30 to 90 seconds maybe a couple of times per hour).

Noticed with this release that the On Demand channels seem to have been reset - not there anymore - as if never connected to the net, so I don't know as of yet whether they've fixed those horribly-slow On Demand screens. (I don't keep a permanent net connection, but this is the first time those channels have disappeared). I'll probably try connecting when I get more caught-up with other viewing. Sure hope that's fixed...

Also, guide banners not causing freezes, either so far (Yay!) but this could also be because OD functions haven't yet been restored. We'll see.

#57 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

It worked on my HR22 and HR24 connected to the same tv from the coax connection from the dish all other receivers are connected from zinwell switch, BTW I received SW on HR22 first where the main coax is coming from and then moved HR24 to same place after moving back HR22 to it's original place.

Um. How exactly is your system wired? You shouldn't have any lines coming directly from a dish if you have a mult switch in the system as well. That makes no sense at all to be honest. Could be that is causing you an issue, whether you know it or not.

#58 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Got the update a couple of days ago (HR21-700). So far, there've been no seriouss lockup issues, yet, as with the previous release (DVR would lock up, not responding to remote commands for 30 to 90 seconds maybe a couple of times per hour).

Noticed with this release that the On Demand channels seem to have been reset - not there anymore - as if never connected to the net, so I don't know as of yet whether they've fixed those horribly-slow On Demand screens. (I don't keep a permanent net connection, but this is the first time those channels have disappeared). I'll probably try connecting when I get more caught-up with other viewing. Sure hope that's fixed...

Also, guide banners not causing freezes, either so far (Yay!) but this could also be because OD functions haven't yet been restored. We'll see.

They sometimes completely clear out all guide data with new firmware pushes (which I think they should do every time they have new firmware) and that likely purged all your on demand channels and such.

#59 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Well there's no ill effects and my recorded shows are all still there...

Scott's point is still valid. When you force a download, you have no certainty what you are going to get, and some temp code will not let you go back to the prior version without losing all your recordings.

The point he was making is particularly important in that you were advising someone to do something that put their system at risk. It's one thing for you to do as you like, taking risks with your own equipment. It is quite another to cavalierly recommend a risky procedure to someone else, with little thought to the consequences and then follow that up with an utter dismissal when warned.

Not the advice anyone should be taking, without the appropriate caveats.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#60 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,585 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Scott's point is still valid. When you force a download, you have no certainty what you are going to get, and some temp code will not let you go back to the prior version without losing all your recordings.

The point he was making is particularly important in that you were advising someone to do something that put their system at risk. It's one thing for you to do as you like, taking risks with your own equipment. It is quite another to cavalierly recommend a risky procedure to someone else, with little thought to the consequences and then follow that up with an utter dismissal when warned.

Not the advice anyone should be taking, without the appropriate caveats.

I didn't mean any harm by it, since I was unaware it was "risky".

DIRECTV customer

spam firewall