Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x062C (Winter 2013) Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Pauley

Pauley

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hmmm, thought I would see a flurry of complaints around 0x62c. I have had it since 12/4 and my button lag time (and ignores) are much worse. I can see the light flicker on the DVR, so I know it is receiving the signal. This goes in streaks where it may take 3-4 seconds, and then it plays through the presses it has buffered, and then it will react quickly to future remote button presses.

Also, my closed captioning no longer works. This is for both the 'DirecTV Subtitles' and 'Closed Captioning'.

This is on an HR20/100.

Since no one else seems to have these issues, I guess I'll RBR.

Pauley

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   hiker

hiker

Icon

• Registered
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hmmm, thought I would see a flurry of complaints around 0x62c. I have had it since 12/4 and my button lag time (and ignores) are much worse. I can see the light flicker on the DVR, so I know it is receiving the signal. This goes in streaks where it may take 3-4 seconds, and then it plays through the presses it has buffered, and then it will react quickly to future remote button presses.

Also, my closed captioning no longer works. This is for both the 'DirecTV Subtitles' and 'Closed Captioning'.

This is on an HR20/100.

Pauley

My experience has been the opposite. IMO, this release, so far, has been the best release ever. I have 9 HR20s which took the update on 11/28. Also have a H23 which took 0x462c on 12/5 which is dedicated to music channels. Dish and M/S: AU9, Zinwell WB68 and WB616.

Some of the important differences for me:
1. No more spontaneous restarts or manual restarts needed because unit will not respond to IR commands.
2. DirecTV subtitles now work consistently instead of becoming unintelligible after a while, requiring a channel change to fix. However, in the few days right after 0x62c, 3 HR20s just stopped producing any subtitles (CC) requiring a restart (has not occurred since).
3. Remote response time is generally quicker, especially menu navigation and channel changing with native resolution on.

Nothing negative to report so far. Now if they would just leave it alone for a while. :D
DirecTV customer since 1994
DirecTV H23-600 0x462c
DirecTV HR20-100 (qty 4) 0x62c
DirecTV HR20-700 (qty 5) 0x62c
TiVo Series 3 Comcast

#63 OFFLINE   Narnboy1

Narnboy1

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Firmware UPdate - 02468

If there is not a software update for your specific model number, it will keep searching the streams. Then time out, Reboot and reacquire Satellite Info by itself. - Time Waster...

If the stream is available, it will download and compare the firmware to what it has. If newer, old firmware is overwritten. If the same, the firmware is ignored then receiver reboots.

Technicians are advised to use 0,2,4,6,8 during the "Hello, Welcome to DirecTV" screen when received from the warehouse and installed at customers house. This is because most have not 'Seen the of Satellite (Day)' since released from DirecTV. DirecTV doesn't want to interrupt customers viewing experience within the first couple of hours.

DirecTV sets a priority on the streams if the IRDs firmware is to old. This usually starts the downloads in the first twenty to thirty minutes.

Up-to-Date Firmware tracker: http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php

Otherwise, DirecTV tells the IRDs to download at 0' Dark Thirty when nobody is usually watching TV. This is done on a regional, and customer/hsp customer specific basis. (HSP Customers sometimes get a pre-release, so that technicians can "Study" the nuances.)

ALL Should Not Affect already recorded RECORDINGs --- Edited
(unless DirecTV missed this bug or the HDD became Defective)

#64 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

This is on an HR20/100.

Pauley

Been planning to post but have been really busy lately, like everyone else hasn't.
Got the 62c update about a week ago on my HR21-100 box and the channel change is much much slower than before.
Didn't realize at first that box had updated and I thought it had locked up when I first changed the channel. No other problems noted at this time.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#65 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Um. How exactly is your system wired? You shouldn't have any lines coming directly from a dish if you have a mult switch in the system as well. That makes no sense at all to be honest. Could be that is causing you an issue, whether you know it or not.

It's actually connected from dish to multiswitch sorry my mistake, but that particular room is where the main coax line used to be connected to and moved HR24 that was in the living room to that room and received the update the next day, then I switched another DVR HR22 to the same room and that next day receive update as well, so basically receive updates on both DVR's in 2 days

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#66 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,432 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's actually connected from dish to multiswitch sorry my mistake, but that particular room is where the main coax line used to be connected to and moved HR24 that was in the living room to that room and received the update the next day, then I switched another DVR HR22 to the same room and that next day receive update as well, so basically receive updates on both DVR's in 2 days

Multi switches don't know one line from another. There is some other reason for th e updates taking place when they did.

#67 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

That is most likely a coincidince.
I have 3 receivers. It took 3 nights for them to all update.
The HR23 was first, then the HR24 and last was the H21. They are all hooked up using the SWM SL3 system.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#68 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,432 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

That is most likely a coincidince.
I have 3 receivers. It took 3 nights for them to all update.
The HR23 was first, then the HR24 and last was the H21. They are all hooked up using the SWM SL3 system.

Yep, they do sometimes push different models on different days too. Lots of reason that could happen, but switching which line its plugged into isn't one of them.

#69 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Anyone know how far along the rollout is for 6c2?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#70 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 884 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Anyone know how far along the rollout is for 6c2?

My HR 23 got yesterday in Central FL

#71 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Registered
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

My HR21 just got this yesterday, I noticed when the bright blue ring came back on on my bedroom DVR. As always, I go back to shut the d***ned thing off, and it would seem that the usual front panel trick to dim and shut it off feature is now gone?

It has also made this doggy DVR even doggier in general performance and responsiveness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

#72 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

My HR21 just got this yesterday, I noticed when the bright blue ring came back on on my bedroom DVR. As always, I go back to shut the d***ned thing off, and it would seem that the usual front panel trick to dim and shut it off feature is now gone?

It has also made this doggy DVR even doggier in general performance and responsiveness.

It took 2 full days after my restart for the HR23 receiver to finish all it's downloads and speed up from there.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#73 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Registered
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Got its update at 3AM, did not get used again for 18 hours. I would have expected better than 20 seconds to guide when I turned it on at the 18 hour mark. I expected my blue lights to go off as they always have from the front panel, and I would have expected a channel change to take less than the time it took my wife to brush her teeth. There is no excuse for these things.

It took 2 full days after my restart for the HR23 receiver to finish all it's downloads and speed up from there.

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

#74 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Got its update at 3AM, did not get used again for 18 hours. I would have expected better than 20 seconds to guide when I turned it on at the 18 hour mark. I expected my blue lights to go off as they always have from the front panel, and I would have expected a channel change to take less than the time it took my wife to brush her teeth. There is no excuse for these things.

Wow, that is a long time. Sorry that you are having that kind of problem.
My guide pops up in 3 seconds now.
Changing channels is variable. If I select a channel from the guide it takes it 7 to 8 seconds.
If I then use the PREV button it will switch between the two channels in 3 to 5 seconds.

Have you cleared the NVRAM since the new install of the new software ? If not, I would do that.
I did it to mine and it seemed to help. I did not actually time it before and after clearing it.

#75 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

My HR24 got it in upstate NY this morning (not sure about my HR21).
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#76 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

As always, I go back to shut the d***ned thing off, and it would seem that the usual front panel trick to dim and shut it off feature is now gone?

All four of my receivers have now upgraded and turning the blue ring off works just fine...as long as you are not on an interactive channel.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#77 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Registered
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

I got it to shut off finally, today. Apparently it doesn't like to do it the first time you turn it on after an update. I also noticed this afternoon that my HR23 also got the update at the same time, but I hadn't even noticed (we leave the rings on on that one). It *seems* a little snappier, but this is a recently replaced DVR with next to nothing going on it yet.

All four of my receivers have now upgraded and turning the blue ring off works just fine...as long as you are not on an interactive channel.

#78 OFFLINE   uncrules

uncrules

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

I got the update this on at least one of my HR24s. I haven't checked any of my other DVRs yet. On the box I checked the update wiped out a couple of my recordings.

The message in history says "This episode was deleted because of a problem retaining the program (2004)"

Fortunately the shows were recorded on another DVR and they are still there. I always record everything on at least two DVRs to have backup for such issues.
1 HR34-700 (w/AM21N), 2 HR24-500 (1 w/AM21), 2 HR22-100 - Whole Home DVR with DECA and broadband DECA setup
Panasonic Viera 65" TC-P65V10, Magnavox 42" 42MF337B, Sony Bravia 40" KDL40EX400, 2 Vizio 37" E370VL
Directv subscriber since 1995
Xbox 360 Elite, 2 PS3, Nintendo Wii

#79 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 630 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Looks like, by the time I get this release, they'll be on the next one ...
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#80 OFFLINE   brucefan42

brucefan42

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Has anyone had blue screen problems with the 0x62c update? My H24/500 worked perfectly yesterday 12/19/2012 and I got an update to 0x62c at 4:21am this morning. Now my HDMI handshake fails and I have a blue screen. I am currently watching TV in standard definition (only thing that works).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...