Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x062C (Winter 2013) Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,746 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Has anyone had blue screen problems with the 0x62c update? My H24/500 worked perfectly yesterday 12/19/2012 and I got an update to 0x62c at 4:21am this morning. Now my HDMI handshake fails and I have a blue screen. I am currently watching TV in standard definition (only thing that works).

See if this helps the problem.

Menu, Settings, Reset, Restart Receiver.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Pauley

Pauley

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hmmm, thought I would see a flurry of complaints around 0x62c. I have had it since 12/4 and my button lag time (and ignores) are much worse. I can see the light flicker on the DVR, so I know it is receiving the signal. This goes in streaks where it may take 3-4 seconds, and then it plays through the presses it has buffered, and then it will react quickly to future remote button presses.

Also, my closed captioning no longer works. This is for both the 'DirecTV Subtitles' and 'Closed Captioning'.

This is on an HR20/100.

Since no one else seems to have these issues, I guess I'll RBR.

Pauley

Just a quick update. The RBR resolved the issues noted above. 'Interesting' to see someone else also had their subtitles disappear, but it seems fixable.

#83 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

My Hr21 got the update on12/18. I wouldn't have known this except I went to turn it on today ( it's a secondary receiver, not one we use often ) and it appeared dead. No response to the remote or front panel buttons. I could hear some type of disk/fan activity but nothing appeared on the tv. I did an rbr and when it finally came up it showed a message indicating 20 disk errors, I had never seen that message before. Gradually it appeared to be doing a self repair and restarted. After everything came up I checked all the settings and saw the new software listed. Everything appears to be working but I don't have much confidence in this device. Fortunately it's one that we mainly use as an additional recorder for its tuners, we rarely watch tv on it.

#84 OFFLINE   peters4n6

peters4n6

Legend

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Just came home from week-long vacation and my HR21 is stuck on the receiver self-check with the disk scan. three times in a row now with 21 errors and then 21 corrected. There is virtually no response to the remote (button press to change channel and about 20-30 second delay ). I've been snooping around the forums here and it seems like this might be a firmware update issue?. Tried unplug, RBR, and several menu resets. FWIW, I have an esata attached HD (working fine for years)

Advice?

Edited by peters4n6, 27 December 2012 - 09:59 PM.

One HR21 with AM21 OTA (playroom)

One HR24-100 (great room)
One HR24-500 (Master BR) with AM21 OTA
SL5-SWM
two receivers with 1TB drives in external enclosures connected via esata.
Winegard hd-1080 UHF/hi-VHF antenna

#85 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,746 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Just came home from week-long vacation and my HR21 is stuck on the receiver self-check with the disk scan. three times in a row now with 21 errors and then 21 corrected. There is virtually no response to the remote (button press to change channel and about 20-30 second delay ). I've been snooping around the forums here and it seems like this might be a firmware update issue?. Tried unplug, RBR, and several menu resets. FWIW, I have an esata attached HD (working fine for years)

Advice?

There have been others that reported a startup problem with the eSATA drive attached. Try removing the drive and see if it will start up.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#86 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Fast forward and reverse have gone bonkers on both of my HR24's. It appears to have a 5th speed forward and reverse which I would call super fast. It is consistent: push forward arrow until it reaches 4; push one more time; and it goes into super fast. I guess this is an undocumented feature. I just wasn't expecting it.

MRV - viewing video on receiver 2 from receiver 1: fast forward receiver 2, and the video will stop for 30 seconds and then go into super fast forward or reverse depending on whether fast forward or reverse button was pushed.

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

#87 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

I have noticed that when watching both, live TV and playing back something I recorded earlier, when any of my HR22s start to record something, the progress bar appears on the screen. It's rather annoying.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#88 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,119 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Ugh! The resume from playback feature is gone. Having the NFL Sunday Ticket, I have my Sunday football viewing down to an art. I'll record two games on one receiver (sometimes additional games on another receiver) and watch live a game on another receiver that's adjacent to the one recording. (Whole Home DVR service active, BTW.)

I'll watch a recorded game, then go to the other recording to watch that one for a bit, but when I jump back to the other recording, it no longer resumes from where I left it. It always goes back to the beginning, but not the EXACT beginning. Strangely and inexplicably, it goes back to about 8 minutes into the recording and not the very beginning. This occurs on ALL recorded games, and it happens whether I stopped the game, choose and press play on the other game; whether I press exit, go back to playlist, hit play on another game; or whether I simply go directly from watching a recorded game to the other recording.

In all scenarios, it used to be that no matter how one jumped from one recording to another, you'd always come back the exact spot as before. Now, that functionality is gone altogether. In every recording I watch, I have to start from the beginning and FF to the point I HOPE I remember I left.

Can anyone check and see if they're experiencing the same problem? I'm getting it on my HR20-700s, HR22-100, and HR24-500s, all of which have 0x062c.

What makes this more annoying is that my UVerse fan boy brother (who left DirecTV for UVerse and has never regretted it) is here watching with me, and every time I run into this problem, he laughs, "Ha! That doesn't happen on UVerse. We never have that problem. No wonder why people are leaving DirecTV to go to UVerse." (His exact words, believe it or not.)

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#89 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I just tried it on my HR22 and it worked fine. I use previous to switch back and forth and it went to the exact spot I left off on each recording. Although I was using MRV and the recordings of the 2 NFL games were actually on my HR34. So I don't know if that would make a difference.

Just tried it with 2 recordings that were made on my HR22 this morning and it resumes in the exact spot I left off. Again, I used previous to swap back and forth. And I did verify that I'm on 0x062c.

Edited by RACJ2, 30 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#90 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

The recordings are on my HR20-700 & HR24-500, and when I watch the recordings off either box, I always get the resumption point at 8 minutes in to the recordings.

I've tried it via the previous button on the remote. I've tried it by pressing stop then pressing play on the other recordings, and by pressing exit then list then play. In all scenarios, the recordings do not resume from last point. They all start over from the 8-minute mark.

I noticed this happens on all general recordings. I'll watch something then press stop (or exit, it doesn't matter), and when I press either "previous" or "play," it doesn't resume; it starts over. This is really a pain in the ass! It almost makes watching recorded shows impossible.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#91 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

The recordings are on my HR20-700 & HR24-500, and when I watch the recordings off either box, I always get the resumption point at 8 minutes in to the recordings.

I've tried it via the previous button on the remote. I've tried it by pressing stop then pressing play on the other recordings, and by pressing exit then list then play. In all scenarios, the recordings do not resume from last point. They all start over from the 8-minute mark.

I noticed this happens on all general recordings. I'll watch something then press stop (or exit, it doesn't matter), and when I press either "previous" or "play," it doesn't resume; it starts over. This is really a pain in the ass! It almost makes watching recorded shows impossible.

Its strange that mine works fine and you are having that issue. You may want to try a reset on all your DVR's?
HR34-700, HR22-100

#92 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Tried that. Didn't help.

#93 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Has anyone else noticed that that since the last update the ‘autocorrect’ when coming out of FastForward over MRV is even worse than it used to be? The longer you FFWD the further the autocorrect puts you back.

It has always been this way over MRV but the last update seems to have made it even worse. I usually use FFWD to get through commercials but the auto-jump back when you hit play can jump back 30 or 40 seconds or even longer….

#94 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I complained earlier that this version caused the 30 second skip forward to sometimes go to the end of the recording or current on a live broadcast. I noticed that I am getting a lot of double and tripple button presses detected on this version when I only hit a button once.

I think the multiple button detection problem is probably causing the skip to end or skip to beginning when using trick play.

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x0803 AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x0803 AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x0808
DirecTV since 1997

#95 OFFLINE   bakers12

bakers12

What? Me hurry?

• Registered
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationChicago - W. Suburbs

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

My HR20-700 has been having a problem lately. I've been running 62C since 12/4.

After watching something in the playlist, I'll press Stop to get back to the playlist. I've been getting back to a playlist with only one item listed. The screen header shows the "correct" item in the list, even though the list isn't visible. Pressing the Up or Down arrow will move you through the list and the header will change with it.

I did a menu reset yesterday to see if it would help but I had the problem today again.

House #1:
HR20-700 -> LG 42LH40 LCD (HDMI)
HR21-700, AM21 -> Samsung 2220WM LCD monitor (HDMI/DVI), Slingbox Solo (component)
and AverTV HD DVR C027 card on Lenovo desktop (component)
HR23-700 -> Samsung HL-R4266W (HDMI)
AU9 SWM5

House #2:
HR34-700 -> Samsung PN42C450B1D (HDMI)
C31-700 -> Sansui SLED1980E (HDMI)
AU9 SWM5

More details are available here.

#96 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I complained earlier that this version caused the 30 second skip forward to sometimes go to the end of the recording or current on a live broadcast. I noticed that I am getting a lot of double and tripple button presses detected on this version when I only hit a button once.

I think the multiple button detection problem is probably causing the skip to end or skip to beginning when using trick play.

Yes! I have seen this A LOT. AND it is really irritating. They definitely need to fix this!
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#97 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

HR23/700 with 62c: I am recording something and I hit STOP. The dialog box that is supposed to say, something like, KEEP RECORDING - CHANGE RECORDING OPTIONS - STOP RECORDING does not appear. Nothing appears. If I furiously hit the RECORD button about 30 times a dialog box appears, but it is not the one I just cited. It is the old fashioned dialog box that says, something like, KEEP RECORDING - CHANGE RECORDING OPTIONS - KEEP THE ENTIRE SERIES - STOP THE ENTIRE SERIES. Not sure about the last two. Anyway, if I select the last one, the recording stops and then I properly get the box that says DELETE/KEEP it.

#98 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wow! Looks like I am the only one with channel changing problems. Since this update, changing the channel is EXTREMELY slow, we're talking sometimes 10-15 seconds, especially when going to a local OTA channel. 2 HR20-700's with native off. Have rbr'd several times.
Jim

#99 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Wow! Looks like I am the only one with channel changing problems. Since this update, changing the channel is EXTREMELY slow, we're talking sometimes 10-15 seconds, especially when going to a local OTA channel. 2 HR20-700's with native off. Have rbr'd several times.

My HR21-100 is painfully slow changing channels.
When I punch in a channel it goes to a black screen then after along time at that the channel banner finally appears then after another pause the new channel pops up.
Annoying......

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-100 AM21N
HR21-200

#100 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,030 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

My HR21-100 is painfully slow changing channels.
When I punch in a channel it goes to a black screen then after along time at that the channel banner finally appears then after another pause the new channel pops up.
Annoying......

J C

First thing to ask, do you have native on?

spam firewall