Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

C31 Client - 90 Degree Power Adapter

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Git

Git

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

I just installed a C31 Client which I had planned on just having sit on top of a wall mounted TV. I purchased 90 degree adapters for the coax and hdmi - but I was surprised to see that the power connection actually protrudes a couple of inches straight back

Does anyone know of a 90 degree adapter or some other option. It is certainly not the end of the world - but I would like to have it sit further back...

Attached Thumbnails

• C31.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Maybe it's one of these.
Power adapters
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Have you tried letting the C31 sit vertically instead of horizontally, and hiding it behind the TV? Many people have posted that the IR receiver on it is pretty good and it will still get a signal if it is hidden behind the TV (sees the signal bouncing off the walls/ceiling).
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#4 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

You may want to look into a mounting kit once they're available.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Git

Git

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I like the way it looks just sitting on top of the tv like that. I see they do have 90 degree adapters - it will just be a matter of finding the correct one. Also I already purchased the 90 adapters for the hdmi and coax

I really find it hard to believe that DTV would make such a small unit like this and that have that stupid power cord...

I need something like this - I was hoping someone has already been down this road and knew which one to buy

Attached Thumbnails

• adapter.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

It looks like one that is in that link I posted.
You'll just have to know what size is used.
Typically, they are sized by the voltage of the equipment.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#7 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Have you tried letting the C31 sit vertically instead of horizontally, and hiding it behind the TV? Many people have posted that the IR receiver on it is pretty good and it will still get a signal if it is hidden behind the TV (sees the signal bouncing off the walls/ceiling).

Or he could just get an RF remote & not even have to worry about the IR range; they can easily be had for less than $20... ;)

#8 OFFLINE   lzhj9k

lzhj9k

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

You may want to look into a mounting kit once they're available.

To switch gears slightly.......

Does anyone have any idea as to release date for the wall mount bracket for the C31 Thin Client

I had heard late November Early December but dont know how accurate that estimate was and it was 2 months ago

Just wonderin'

Mike

HR-34  HR-23  H25  2-C31 Clients and 1 C41 Client

#9 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Have you tried letting the C31 sit vertically instead of horizontally, and hiding it behind the TV?

+1. The C31 supports RF as well, if I'm not mistaken.
/steve

#10 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Does anyone have any idea as to release date for the wall mount bracket for the C31 Thin Client

I had heard late November Early December but dont know how accurate that estimate was and it was 2 months ago

Just wonderin'

I hear that Velcro would work.:)

#11 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yes, it's already integrated in the C31, hence my previous suggestion of getting an RF remote... ;) ;)

#12 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 798 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Just wonderin'

I haven't heard anything about this lately...everyone I've spoken to has been using velcro. It's light enough where it will hold on to the back of a TV with nothing else but that.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#13 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Perhaps you two didn't read what he wrote??

I like the way it looks just sitting on top of the tv like that.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

spam firewall