Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OTA Antenna Hopper setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   barlytek

barlytek

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

I did a search of the forum but couldn't find my answer so sorry if its already been covered. My house is about 9 yrs old has the standard contractor pre-cabled wiring. I currently have an ota outdoor antenna which is being sent to rooms of the house by use of an amplified splitter. I am considering signing up for a hopper , 1 joey and a ota usb module on both receivers. Can the dish system use the same cabling the ota antenna is currently connected to? I have yet to see a wire diagram for the hopper showing an ota antenna setup. Would the cable be split behind the tv to go to both the ota module and the receiver?

Thanks in advance for the help,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

No, the installer will have to run all new coax, at least for the Hopper as it will not work with combined signals of any type. The current coax may be combined to use with the Joeys.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Also, the OTA module is only for the Hopper... You can watch OTA from the linked Joey... but the Joey will not have its own OTA module/tuner.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   barlytek

barlytek

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Thanks! that's the info I needed

Protected By... spam firewall...And...