Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Whole Home DVR Issue

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   direfan

direfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi,

I seem to be having an issue with one of my networked DVRs. I have the HR 34 and 2 HR-24. One of the HR 24 has the CCK connected to it as well as the DECA (?). On that particular DVR (HR24), I can see all the programs recorded on the other 2 DVRs. However, when I choose a program that has been recorded on the HR34, I don't have any options to play the program i.e. the left side of the menu is blank. I don't see this happening to the same program when I access it from the other HR-24. I reset my DVR but it did nto seem to help. So for a number of programs that have been recorded on the HR34, I don't have the option to view it on this particular HR24 even though it is on the program list.

I hope I have explained my issue. Can somebody please help me with this. Thanks.

D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,217 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Is your Internet router (or wired connection to same) in the same room as the errant HR24?

An HR24 shouldn't need a CCK unless it's internal DECA modem is bad (or the installer was generously compensated for installing something you didn't need).

Because your HR24 can see the HR34, I'm wondering if it isn't an authentication issue.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   direfan

direfan

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for your response. I have answered your points below.

Is your Internet router (or wired connection to same) in the same room as the errant HR24?

No and that is the reason I have the CCK.

An HR24 shouldn't need a CCK unless it's internal DECA modem is bad (or the installer was generously compensated for installing something you didn't need).

Wouldn't the CCK be necessary to access on demand stuff? My router is not close to any of the DVRs and so the only way to access ondemand stuff is the wireless CCK.

Because your HR24 can see the HR34, I'm wondering if it isn't an authentication issue.

It is strange that one of the HR24s has no problem and is located even further distance-wise than the problematic HR24.

#4 OFFLINE   hp123

hp123

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

i have same problems with hd receiver play list gone after update....no reset help.....known issue....direct tv working .......

thanks
hp

#5 OFFLINE   direfan

direfan

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

What update?

Also the playlist is there, but no menu to play a recorded program.

#6 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,998 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Can you post a photo showing the aberrant screen?

Also, try removing the the CCK.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   direfan

direfan

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thanks I will post a screenshot later.

Regarding the CCK, it has worked in the past with the CCK and I need the CCK for ondemand stuff.

#8 OFFLINE   onearweiner

onearweiner

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I am having the same issue with some recordings on an HR34 from an HR24. I just realized in my case that this only happens with programs that were recorded on one channel.... CBS. I have no CCK. I can play the recording using the "play" button while on the recording list. After watching I can delete with the red button from the recording list.

Attached Thumbnails

• 000_0002.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Sounds to me like the tech hooked up the hr24 as if it was an hr22 ....

#10 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Could you please expand on this? And tell what the cause and effects are.

#11 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Could you please expand on this? And tell what the cause and effects are.

Unless I read it wrong he has an hr24 that goes from a wall plate to a cck to a receiver deca to the receiver ..

HR22 doesn't have an internal reciever deca so that's how you hook it up ..but an hr24 has the internal reciever deca

There seems to be confusion on how the cck is hooked up even between dtv techs..

But if you have an hr24 it goes from the wall to the cck to the reciever .. Done

#12 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Unless I read it wrong he has an hr24 that goes from a wall plate to a cck to a receiver deca to the receiver ?

Ah, I think I see now. If he has an additional DECA unit on the '24 (as if it didn't have an internal DECA, i.e., a '22) that might be the problem. Is that what you meant?

#13 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Ah, I think I see now. If he has an additional DECA unit on the '24 (as if it didn't have an internal DECA, i.e., a '22) that might be the problem. Is that what you meant?

Yup .. It's like a broadband deca , hooked to a reciever deca , hooked to another receiver deca, hooked to a receiver

#14 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Yup .. It's like a broadband deca , hooked to a reciever deca , hooked to another receiver deca, hooked to a receiver

Not sure how this could be daisychained as only the WCCK has an output.
A.K.A VOS

#15 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Not sure how this could be daisychained as only the WCCK has an output.

Uh .. No

#16 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Uh .. No

Guess I just didn't understand your post then.

I think we've got most of the combinations shown here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=200573
A.K.A VOS

#17 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Eh .. I would call it a regular occurrence that I end up at service calls where a technician has opened the decaw install book and hooked a hr24 up like the picture on page 19, where in reality it should be wired like page 16 because the hr24 already has the receiver deca built in .. Since the hr22 has no receiver deca it needs one in line ..

In and out in 3rd pic

Attached Thumbnails

• image-1122951801.jpg
  • image-2970434078.jpg
  • image-4060395528.jpg

#18 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Eh .. I would call it a regular occurrence that I end up at service calls where a technician has opened the decaw install book and hooked a hr24 up like the picture on page 19, where in reality it should be wired like page 16 because the hr24 already has the receiver deca built in .. Since the hr22 has no receiver deca it needs one in line ..

In and out in 3rd pic

the third "in & out" is the SWiM signals, but has stripped the DECA off of it, like what the older white DECA does.

This doesn't work:
http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1354642980

While this does work:
http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1311788989

Attached Thumbnails

• not-REC-DECA.gif

Edited by veryoldschool, 04 December 2012 - 11:43 AM.

A.K.A VOS

#19 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

the third "in & out" is the SWiM signals, but has stripped the DECA off of it, like what the older white DECA does.

This doesn't work:

While this does work:

What your talking about has nothing to do with what I'm talking about ..

An hr 24 already has an internal receiver deca ... If there is a reciever deca plugged into it , it's like having two reciever decas in line .. It's not right , if the installer had a bad hr 24 he should have doa swapped the receiver and hooked it up right .. So it's likely a mistake

The op says he has a cck which is a decaw .. It's wireless it has an in and an out .. From there as the cck book shows two examples.. and someone who doesn't know how to hook it correctly might not notice the difference between the pictures of the hr 22 and the hr24.

In this particular case it should come from the wall to the cck to the reciever no reciever deca in the loop . Done

#20 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

What your talking about has nothing to do with what I'm talking about ..

I seem to have this problem a lot with your posts.

FWIW: connecting a DECA to a 24 doesn't work [for several things] because the 24 won't power it.
The CCK, has been used [by DirecTV] for both the old BB DECA, and the newer Wireless.

The WCCK, has an internal 2-way splitter, where the black DECA you posted earlier and said had a "pass through", uses a diplexer, thus stripping off the DECA from the coax to the receiver. If it didn't, you'd need a bandstop filter.

You posted:
It's like a broadband deca , hooked to a reciever deca , hooked to another receiver deca, hooked to a receiver

Sure reads like you're saying [mistakenly] you can daisychain three DECAs in a row. :nono:
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...