Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gannett Broadcasting and DirecTV contract

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,625 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

I'm happy it's done. But I don't consider it successful. Successful to me in this medium is deals getting done without one side or the other running crawls over shows, creating web sites, public bickering, etc. I mean its done and I'm glad we didn't lose any channels, it just doesn't say success to me.

In today's market, non-blackout USA success. Too contentious. Too greedy.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'm happy it's done. But I don't consider it successful. Successful to me in this medium is deals getting done without one side or the other running crawls over shows, creating web sites, public bickering, etc. I mean its done and I'm glad we didn't lose any channels, it just doesn't say success to me.

In this environment, success is getting a deal done.
DTV = Digital Television

#123 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,802 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

So in the end....they hype and scare was much to do about nothing.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

Protected By... spam firewall...And...