Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can't FF OTA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   willmw

willmw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I recently noticed that on my OTA recordings, I can't FF/RW properly. If I try, it jumps to the end or beginning of the program. The only thing that sort of works is +1 FF, so if I'm in the middle of a program and want to RW, I have to go all the way to the beginning and then +1FF to the point I want to see again. Is this just me, or does anyone else have this issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,849 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

What model DVR are you using? Have you tried doing a reset?

#3 OFFLINE   willmw

willmw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

It's an HR24 and I have done a reset.

#4 OFFLINE   HarleyD

HarleyD

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hmm.

I have never experienced this. Although I do not have an HR24 I do record OTA programming on any of my DVRs (MRV enabled SWM system) and can take an OTA recording from any of my DVRs and play it back on the DVR where the recoding sits as well as any of my other DVRs with full trick-play capability.

This is an odd one. All I contribute to the discussion is that it doesn't happen to everyone because it doesn't happen to me.

You could try forcing a reload of the current National Release of the software but I don't have any concrete reason to think that will fix it. But it won't hurt either.

I am a victim of the "Microsoft Mentality". It it doesn't work right reboot it. If it still doesn't work right re-install it.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
--Frank Zappa

spam firewall