Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote control driving me nuts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bwil7105

bwil7105

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

My remote is the typos that is UHF not IR. It sends multiple signals causing it to skip around on the guide like crazy. It makes it almost impossible to use the guide. I have had to go up and use the control on the receiver to pick programs that I have recorded. Does anyone have a fix for this or do I need to get a new UHF remote?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

I don't know of any DirecTV remote [RCxx] that isn't IR.
All of my "RF" remotes have an IR option by default, and I need to change them to RF.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

My remote is the typos that is UHF not IR. It sends multiple signals causing it to skip around on the guide like crazy. It makes it almost impossible to use the guide. I have had to go up and use the control on the receiver to pick programs that I have recorded. Does anyone have a fix for this or do I need to get a new UHF remote?

What is the actual model number of the remote that you are using ?
And the receiver model number ?
Are you using RF mode ?
Have you tried resetting the receiver ? Lots of times it is the receiver's problem and not the remote.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...