Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DC's WUSA9 off air midnight Nov 30 - NFL SUNDAY TICKET

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Walters

Mark Walters

Legend

• Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

What does this mean for DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET? We have two games on local CBS WUSA - Pats @ Dolphins followed by Steelers @ Ravens. Since this is a D* dispute with WUSA9, will that mean that D* Sunday Ticket subscribers will still receive these games since they don't pertain to the blackout policies of the NFL? In other words will the NFL & D* open up channels 711 & 714 if this dispute lasts? I don't see how this should factor into my NFL & D* subscription. Anybody have any idea?

This is from: http://www.wusa9.com...ng/direcTV.aspx

Attention DirecTV Subscribers
Starting at midnight November 30, WUSA may no longer be available on DirecTV. That means you could lose access to blockbuster college football and basketball, your favorite CBS entertainment programs and NFL football as well as your local news, weather and sports. Tell DirecTV to keep your CBS station, WUSA, by calling 1-888-777-2454.
Information about WUSA on DirecTV
In order for WUSA to be delivered to your home, we negotiate agreements for the rights to carry our station with video service providers like DirecTV. WUSA has agreements in place with all of the video providers in our area. In fact, we have never had a service disruption with a major distributor before. Just this past October, we successfully reached a multi-year agreement with DISH Network without any disruption for our viewers.

Unfortunately, so far DirecTV has refused to reach a fair, market-based agreement with us - even though terms being offered are similar to those which allowed us to reach a deal with DISH Network just this past October. If a deal is not reached by midnight on November 30, DirecTV subscribers will lose access to WUSA.

Q: Why is DirecTV refusing to reach an agreement to carry WUSA?

A: We cannot speak for DirecTV. But here is what our viewers should know: WUSA is committed to reaching fair, market-based agreements with all the video service providers in our area. Our track record proves it. We have never had a service disruption with a major distributor. In fact, just this past October we reached a multi-year deal with DISH Network. The terms we are discussing with DirecTV are along the same lines as those which allowed us to reach a deal with DISH Network. So it has been disappointing that so far DirecTV has refused to reach an agreement.

Q: If WUSA is off the DirecTV programming lineup, what can I do to avoid missing my favorite sports, news and entertainment programs?

A: The good news is that you have choices. First, WUSA is available on other video service providers in our area including DISH Network, Comcast, Cox, Verizon FiOS and other local cable providers. And you can always get WUSA free over-the-air.
Anne Arundel Broadband

Antietam Cable
Atlantic Broadband
Comcast
Cox
DISH Network
Easton Utilities
MetroCast Communications
Open Band Multi-Media
RCN Cable
Shentel Cable
Verizon FiOS www.aabroadband.net

www.antietamcable.com
www.atlanticbroadbb.com
www.comcast.com
www.cox.com/northernvirginia
www.dish.com
www.eastonutilities.com
www.metrocast.com
www.openband.net
www.rcn.com/dc-metro
www.shentel.com
www.verizon.com/FiOS 1-410-987-9300
1-301-497-5400
1-301-797-5000
1-888-536-9600
1-866-922-8128
1-855-627-1562
1-800-823-4929
1-410-822-6110
1-301-373-3201
1-866-673-6226
1-800-746-4726
1-800-743-6835
1-866-618-1336

Over-the-Air
To access WUSA free, over-the-air, locate an antenna that is suitable for your location. For best results, an outdoor antenna or an indoor antenna close to a window will work best. Antennas are available from most local retailers such as Best Buy and WalMart or specialty retailers such as Antennas Direct. (www.antennasdirect.com) For additional information on selecting an appropriate antenna, click here: www.antennaweb.org.

Q: DirecTV says that WUSA is being unreasonable in its negotiations. Is that true?

A: No. WUSA has successfully negotiated agreements with all the other providers in our area based on the same basic terms that are being offered to DirecTV. In fact, we just reached a deal with DISH Network in October.

In any case, we do not believe customers should be dragged into the middle of business disputes. We know that what matters to you is getting what you pay for and not losing programs you love. That is why we are focused on reaching a fair, market-based deal as quickly as possible.

Q: Isn't it unfair that I lose access to a channel that I'm paying for just because two companies can't reach a deal?

A: We agree - it is unfair. After all, you pay your bill to DirecTV every month. You deserve the full set of channels you are paying for. That is why we are working hard to reach a fair, market-based deal with DirecTV based on similar terms to the deals we have with the other providers in our area. .

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

The games that are on your local CBS station will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket regardless of whether DirecTV carries the CBS station. The local station has the rights to those games within their DMA. There is no way that the NFL or DirecTV can lift the Sunday Ticket blackout unless the local CBS station agrees to waive their rights, and I do not think there is any way that would happen.

On the other hand, I expect the dispute will be settled without the stations ever going dark. Most of these do come down to the last day. The few that do go dark are the ones that everyone hears about, but the vast majority of carriage disputes are settled without the stations ever being taken off DirecTV.

#3 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I would imagine it would still be in the Game Mix.

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Walters

Mark Walters

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

awesome guys - thanks

#5 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,559 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

I would imagine it would still be in the Game Mix.

And Red Zone.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...