Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

dishonline.com - What am I doing wrong??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pmjones

pmjones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

If this thread belongs elsewhere, please let me know.

I am on my third receiver with Dish in the past 2 years. I upgraded from the 722 (w/sling) to the 922. My first 922 had a hard drive problem ('click', 'click', 'click') so Dish sent me a replacement which arrived yesterday.

My concern is this ~ for all three of these receivers, the ability of dishonline to 'see' the unit from another location has been spotty at best. One minute, I get everything (including the DVR) just fine . . . . a half hour later, I might get the guide and the ability to watch live TV, but the DVR shows up blank . . . another time, it might show no connection at all to my receiver.

What is the secret to getting consistent performance for this remote access feature? Should I switch to wifi instead of the powerline broadband adapter? Would that help? Is this just part of the issues that Dish will continue to work on?

I'm very curious what others have experienced with the 722/922.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

If you reset the slinglink, are you able to sling afterwards? I had a WiFi adapter connected to my 922 for Internet access, which worked fine for me. You can order a WiFi adapter online when logged into your account. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

If this thread belongs elsewhere, please let me know.

I am on my third receiver with Dish in the past 2 years. I upgraded from the 722 (w/sling) to the 922. My first 922 had a hard drive problem ('click', 'click', 'click') so Dish sent me a replacement which arrived yesterday.

My concern is this ~ for all three of these receivers, the ability of dishonline to 'see' the unit from another location has been spotty at best. One minute, I get everything (including the DVR) just fine . . . . a half hour later, I might get the guide and the ability to watch live TV, but the DVR shows up blank . . . another time, it might show no connection at all to my receiver.

What is the secret to getting consistent performance for this remote access feature? Should I switch to wifi instead of the powerline broadband adapter? Would that help? Is this just part of the issues that Dish will continue to work on?

I'm very curious what others have experienced with the 722/922.

spam firewall