Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR 24 remote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   westview

westview

Mentor

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

My HR 23 was recently replaced with the HR24. The 24 is much faster. Does the 24 have a different model remote. I did not get a new remote with the 24, but had two remotes for the 23. It seems like the receiver does not pick up the remote signal very well. I often have to move it around or point it in different direction to get it to work. Thanks for any advice

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

My HR 23 was recently replaced with the HR24. The 24 is much faster. Does the 24 have a different model remote. I did not get a new remote with the 24, but had two remotes for the 23. It seems like the receiver does not pick up the remote signal very well. I often have to move it around or point it in different direction to get it to work. Thanks for any advice

Should be the same. Is the new box in a different location/orientation?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

If I were you I would get a new remote, preferably an RC65RX.
It is interactive with the HR24 and will program your devices by itself, no codes to find and punch into it. You can still find the codes and punch them in if you want to.
The X signifies that it is interactive.
The R after the number means it is RF capable if you want to do that.

I was just looking at one on Ebay for $6.90 delivered.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,521 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Both the RC65R and RC65RX remotes will work with HR24 receivers. You should have a clear line of sight between your remote and receiver. Make sure the lense on your remote and receiver are clean. Also check for lighting interference. HDTV backlighting, direct sunlight and types of room lighting can interfer with your remote's signal to the TV.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#5 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

try the following on the remote:

1, dtv
2. presss and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3