Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Boardwalk Empire Season Finale 12/02/2012

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I agree, but there seemed to be a disconnect there. Nucky agreed to run it, then suddenly after he "reluctantly" gives AR 99% of it, out of the blue Mellon is calling in the Feds on AR. I think they left a key scene on the cutting room floor.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

It seemed pretty clear that Mellon was doing something that he didn't want to do when he made that call...

#23 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Remember, Mellon was making a deal with someone else when Nucky entered the picture. The most recent example was when Nucky spoke to Mellon and, as soon as Nucky left, the guy who's name I can't remember but speaks so colorfully and takes money in a fishbowl came out from behind a wall. It was clear they were designing a double-cross to make Nucky the fall guy for something.

#24 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ah, so the original deal between Mellon and Nucky to nail Mellon's enemy was a double-cross setup to make Nucky the fall guy for the distillery operation.

#25 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Yes - at least that was the impression I had.. ...and it was the explanation I gave my wife when she was a little lost trying to figure out who was double/triple/quadruple-crossing whom.

#26 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

The top three most shocking moments from season three according to Movie Pilot....

#27 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

I gotta say, enjoyed the season, but I hope Margaret never comes back. I found her character highly distasteful and almost unbearable anymore. You don't get to be likeable when you spend most of the episodes so far being a hipocrit. You don't get to look down on Nucky for his buisness, but have no qualms reaping the benefits. You don't get to look down on Nucky for his fling with the showgirl, when she was boinking the irish boy first.
--
Honestly, Nucky legitmately cared/loved her, and she pushed him away, not the other way around. And he loves those kids. I'm not sure she ever actually loved him. I hope she leaves, never to return.

spam firewall