Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Genie performance vs. older receivers

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

My Genie is set as recommended by Jimmie above, and it takes exactly 4.5 seconds from the time I push the channel up/down button until the picture is on the TV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   PHL

PHL

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Just got my HR34 a couple of weeks ago. It is not significantly slower than the HR24 it replaced. However, that could be because it still has 84% free space. Channel changes are roughly the same, as far as I can tell. I'm not too sure as I rarely watch live TV. Overall menu response is maybe a little bit slower, but certainly acceptable.

It might also make a difference that I don't have any client boxes (only other *peer* HR24's), so the HR34 doesn't have to serve up content to them most of the time. This might be the biggest factor since there seems to be a lot of variance in the experiences out there. Realistically, only 2 TV's are used at any given time, and only rarely is more than 1 show being streamed over my whole-home network. 80-90% of the time, only 1 TV is being watched, period.
HR34 Living Room
HR24-500 Office
HR24-500 Bedroom
Whole Home DVR enabled :)

#23 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

I have no complaints about my HR34 fairly quick.
My HR23, is a snail, even after all those steps. Its been like this since day one.

DIRECTV :Since 5/13/2012
HR34-700 / HR24-500 / HR23-700 / H25-100 / D12-200 /   Roku HD

Living Room       Master bedroom     Bedroom  2         Bedroom 3    Office/Bedroom 4      bedroom 5
Slimline 5  / SWiM 16 with CCK / MRV / 15/2 Mbps Blue ridge cable Internet
Premier / MLB EI /  HD Extra /  Protection Plan

spam firewall