Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Start watching in one room, pause, then finish in another?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

So I am trying to figure out how to start watching in one room, pause, then finish in another.

I have actually done it before, but I can't remember the specifics (was it an existing recording, live tv that I hit record, etc).

How does this actually work? It seems like when I try to do this now it doesn't work right. It sees the recording in the next room, but it only gives me the option to start it from the beginning, not resume.

What is the proper procedure to make this work properly?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,629 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I tend to shut down the TV and receiver when I move to another room. That's not everyone's style. So, if you hit Stop, or switch to another channel, the show should resume next receiver you're on.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

So if I'm watching an existing recording, hit stop, turn the receiver off, go to the next room, hit list, select that same recording, I should get a resume option?

What about if it's live tv, how do you do it then? Hit record, then hit stop?

#4 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,108 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, you'd have to start recording it. There is a difference between marketing and reality unfortunately.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,629 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

So if I'm watching an existing recording, hit stop, turn the receiver off, go to the next room, hit list, select that same recording, I should get a resume option?

Yes, and you might choose to hit Record at the start of a commercial, turn it off, then resume in the next spot you wish. In that scenario, you don't really even need to hit Record, as you can do so in the next room at the end of the commercials and just tune it.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

if its live tv, just wait for a commercial break then go to the other room and tune to the same channel. easy peasy…

#7 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

if its live tv, just wait for a commercial break then go to the other room and tune to the same channel. easy peasy…

Not that simple for me. For me it's more like go put away all the leftover food in the kitchen, take the dogs outside, then turn off all the Christmas lights, make sure everything is locked up, then finish watching my show from my bedroom.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...