Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FSPHD - Nothing Scheduled

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Where is the English Football today and tomorrow?

D* has absolutely nothing scheduled for 621-1.

The FA Cup match and EPL match should have been up today and they are not.

Naturally, a call to D* was fruitless.

Called a second time, and the rep told me they have nothing scheduled in HD on that channel for 2 weeks.... which was as far as he could see, although I'm guessing he just was looking at the Guide.

Charging $15 per month for part time HD has been egregious enough.

Not getting anything in HD finally got me to cancel the channel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

foxsoccer2go has the games in HD. It also includes the games delayed on that network and fox soccer channel that are not live. All in HD. I would be shocked if this station goes beyond June/ July of 2013 due to the two leagues that were the reason for it being around will no longer be on Fox Soccer/ Fox Soccer Plus.

Where is the English Football today and tomorrow?

D* has absolutely nothing scheduled for 621-1.

The FA Cup match and EPL match should have been up today and they are not.

Naturally, a call to D* was fruitless.

Called a second time, and the rep told me they have nothing scheduled in HD on that channel for 2 weeks.... which was as far as he could see, although I'm guessing he just was looking at the Guide.

Charging $15 per month for part time HD has been egregious enough.

Not getting anything in HD finally got me to cancel the channel.

#3 OFFLINE   lairdo

lairdo

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I too was bummed today. Fortunately, I recorded the SD station too to watch Arsenal. I noticed earlier in the week that the HD schedule was going up about 48 hours in advance. So, I was able to grab the mid-week game I wanted in HD. But even with manually recording today, nothing was on the station.

Weird.

Which leagues are leaving Fox Soccer? Where are they going instead?

#4 ONLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

The EPL is going to NBC Sports Network next season.

#5 OFFLINE   lairdo

lairdo

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

The EPL is going to NBC Sports Network next season.

Ahh. Cool; I can save the money on FSP if it doesn't go away on its own.

#6 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

NBC/ Universal will gain EPL rights, but some of those games are likely to be part of some ppv package element. Ligue 1, Serie A, and ENgland's league championship leagues all left this past year for bein sport. The original reasons for Fox Soccer Plus were the Serie A games and EPL games.

I too was bummed today. Fortunately, I recorded the SD station too to watch Arsenal. I noticed earlier in the week that the HD schedule was going up about 48 hours in advance. So, I was able to grab the mid-week game I wanted in HD. But even with manually recording today, nothing was on the station.

Weird.

#7 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Directv's handling of FSP is beyond awful. Remind me again why I pay so much for this channel?

#8 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 833 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Once the EPL is gone, it isn't worth it any longer.

Directv's handling of FSP is beyond awful. Remind me again why I pay so much for this channel?

#9 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Once the EPL is gone, it isn't worth it any longer.

100% agree. I will cancel FSP June 1st, assuming Fox doesn't kill it before then.

#10 OFFLINE   noahproblem

noahproblem

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

The only time I want FSP is during the Australian Rules Football season (late March - end of September or first week of October if the Grand Final ends in a draw and needs to be replayed). Other than that there's plenty of soccer on the other channels.

#11 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

The only time I want FSP is during the Australian Rules Football season (late March - end of September or first week of October if the Grand Final ends in a draw and needs to be replayed). Other than that there's plenty of soccer on the other channels.

I agree 100%.

#12 OFFLINE   Mekias

Mekias

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I noticed starting on Dec 1 that FSPHD is no longer showing live soccer matches. I saw a rugby match earlier so it's not a problem with the feed or anything.

Of course, a game I really want to see is showing on Sunday at 10am (Everton vs Tottenham). I have very little hope this is going to be fixed by then.

I've called up DirecTV twice today to complain and the people are completely unaware that there's any problem. They "escalated" my problem ticket but I have no confidence in that. I repeatedly asked to talk with someone who could help but they wouldn't transfer me. I asked to get an email or phone call when they started working on it. No luck. What a useless customer service department this is.

I guess the only thing I can do is keep waiting and hoping. If it isn't fixed soon, my only choice is to cancel the channel (and get my money back for the last week).

#13 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I noticed starting on Dec 1 that FSPHD is no longer showing live soccer matches. I saw a rugby match earlier so it's not a problem with the feed or anything.

Of course, a game I really want to see is showing on Sunday at 10am (Everton vs Tottenham). I have very little hope this is going to be fixed by then.

I've called up DirecTV twice today to complain and the people are completely unaware that there's any problem. They "escalated" my problem ticket but I have no confidence in that. I repeatedly asked to talk with someone who could help but they wouldn't transfer me. I asked to get an email or phone call when they started working on it. No luck. What a useless customer service department this is.

I guess the only thing I can do is keep waiting and hoping. If it isn't fixed soon, my only choice is to cancel the channel (and get my money back for the last week).

You are somewhat incorrect. I believe live Championship League and Europa League matches have aired since Tuesday. We'll see about the EPL over the weekend.

#14 OFFLINE   Mekias

Mekias

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I didn't end up watching Champions League on FSPHD. I tried to set up my DVR on Monday night and the HD versions weren't showing up on the Guide so I just recorded the delayed versions on Fox Soccer Channel. I guess they might have shown them on FSPHD but since the Guide didn't show it, I didn't double check.

Unfortunately, Fox Soccer Channel won't replay any Premier League matches that FSP shows so my only chance to watch Everton/Tottenham in HD is FSPHD.

#15 OFFLINE   Mekias

Mekias

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Maybe all my arguing and bitching got someone to fix the problem. Tomorrow's Aston Villa vs. Stoke City game is now showing up on FSPHD.

Of course it's also saying I'm not subscribed to the channel any more either. I'll try to do a reset on my receiver and see if it clears up.

#16 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

whats english football?
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#17 OFFLINE   Weller

Weller

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

whats english football?

ermm...

English Football = Football played in England.
Spanish Football = Football played in Spain.
Italian Football = Football played in Italy.

Hope that clears it up, or do you need some more examples?

:)

#18 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

English Football = Football played in England.

So when the NFL plays at Wembley, it's exactly the same thing as when, let's say, Arsenal plays a friendly at Ashburton Grove? :D
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#19 ONLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

So when the NFL plays at Wembley, it's exactly the same thing as when, let's say, Arsenal plays a friendly at Ashburton Grove? :D

More like when they play a regular season game over there. Nothing friendly about it.

spam firewall