Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RC65x remote while set on DTV only controls TV volume

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   liquidsense

liquidsense

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I have my remote set so that it turns on the TV and--while on AV2--can control the volume on my soundbar. My problem is that when the input is set to DTV (slid all the way to the left), the remote only controls the TV volume. Is there any way to force the remote to control the soundbar volume, rather than the TV volume, while it is set to the DTV input?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

With the selctor on AV2,
program in 993 and press the Select button.
Slide the selector back to the DTV spot and see doesn't the volume now control the sound bar.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   liquidsense

liquidsense

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

You are a good man. Thank you very much.

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

That was the first thing I learned on the Forums about 4 years ago.
It always makes things a lot easier.

You are welcome.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   liquidsense

liquidsense

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

To my chagrin, I realized that the Soundbar will automatically shut off when there is no input for 20 minutes. Now, when I turn the TV on, I have to switch the input to AV2 and then press PWR, then switch back to DTv. I don't suppose there is any work-around, since the "on" button must turn on the TV and not the soundbar. Argh!

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Sorrry, No.
The On and Off buttons will only operate a TV and the DTV receiver.

#7 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Get a Harmony remote, or another programmable remote with macros/activities.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...