Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR24 stops seeing HR34

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BJB

BJB

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

I have multiple DVR's (3 HR24's and an HR34) and they all have "seen each other" for whole home video fine since installation months ago.

Now, one of the HR24's on and off stops seeing the recordings on the HR34.
I have course searched and I know rebooting it fixes it. I also saw there was a software issue back in September that might cause it. But mine worked back then! :) This only started within the last few weeks. I don't know if I got a new software version within the last few weeks or not.

I am not totally plugged into the most recent software rev's, etc. And I know rebooting or re-running network setup fixes it temporarily. But is there a current known issue? Anything else I should check out?

Thanks,
BJB

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   caseyf5

caseyf5

Legend

• Registered
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBethpage, NY 11714

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I have multiple DVR's (3 HR24's and an HR34) and they all have "seen each other" for whole home video fine since installation months ago.

Now, one of the HR24's on and off stops seeing the recordings on the HR34.
I have course searched and I know rebooting it fixes it. I also saw there was a software issue back in September that might cause it. But mine worked back then! :) This only started within the last few weeks. I don't know if I got a new software version within the last few weeks or not.

I am not totally plugged into the most recent software rev's, etc. And I know rebooting or re-running network setup fixes it temporarily. But is there a current known issue? Anything else I should check out?

Thanks,
BJB

Hello BJB,

I would start by checking a few things like the software/firmware and the cables connecting the DVR's. The current firmware for the HR24-100 is 05D2, HR24-200 is 05D3, HR-500 is 05D2 and the HR34-700 is 05D3. Check to see if the cables are tight and inspect the connectors on the cable going to the HR24 that has the problem not seeing the HR34.
My setup: 1 HR34/700 DVR no external HD, 1 HR24/500 DVR using WD 2TB Green HD and Antec MX-1 enclosure (used for CE) and 3 H24/700 receivers, 1 SL5 Dish (4 cable), 1 SWM16 Multiswitch, 1 Wired CCK. 1 Whole Home with DECA, 1 Sharp LC-37GP1U TV, 1 Sony Home Theater System HT-CT550W (Soundbar), 1 Impact 6x2 Component Video Matrix (Switcher) and 2 Sewell 1x2 HDMI Splitters with Ethernet, 3D Support and 4Kx2K Resolution with multiple hdmi cables with Ethernet.

#3 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

We have stopped using the ird port on the power inserter , if that receiver is in line with your power inserter that could be the issue.

The rule now is a 2 way before the power inserter with the ird side of the power inserter terminated.

This is the symptom to remove ird from the pi

#4 OFFLINE   lincolnnellie

lincolnnellie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Are you on DECA? If so, do you have anything plugged into the repeater network ports on any of the DVRs?

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Turn off upnp on your router.

#6 OFFLINE   i3rown

i3rown

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Turn off upnp on your router.

We've been getting alot of filter multicast service calls with particular routers lately too.. Removing a decaw from the system and doing a full restart of the system confirms it ..

#7 OFFLINE   BJB

BJB

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for all the ideas!
The connections are solid. The strange thing is this setup was rock solid for months. Nothing was changed on any wiring or the network, and now just this ONE DVR won't see the HR34. And the other ones see it just fine and don't disconnect.

Anyway, software versions seem fine. I am on DECA, and nothing is plugged into the repeaters. "Signal to IRD" is terminated and "Power to SWiM" is connected direct to the SWiM 16 switch. UPNP is turned off on my router.

Do I need to re-wire that power connection from the switch?
Anything else I should check? Guess I could swap the cable on that DVR for another and see if the problem goes away or is picked up by another one?

Thanks again for the help,
BJB

#8 OFFLINE   BJB

BJB

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just trying to determine if I am wired correctly RE; The power inserter, etc. and if something needs to be changed. My SWiM system was put in within the last 8 months or so. Still doing this one and off....just that one DVR.

BJB

Protected By... spam firewall...And...