Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hey D* Can You Finally get the Audio Right on Sunday Ticket Channels?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Every Week there is a problem on one channel or another. Can you get this RIGHT & Fixed Once & For All? We are Paying for these channels to be working correctly!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I haven't had any problems.
DTV = Digital Television

#3 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Neither have I.

#4 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Well I have and so have others.

#5 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,676 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Nor I. Have you contacted them? If few or only you are having a problem, they may not know about it.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#6 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,066 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Neither have I.

BTW they have a specific forum section on the DIRECTV forum site for just NFL problems, see http://forums.direct...mentID=10577031

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#7 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Well I have and so have others.

Such as? You haven't described the problem you are experiencing at all.
DTV = Digital Television

#8 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,689 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Which games have had audio issues?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#9 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

It's been in previous weeks. See http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=209570
The Red Zone Channel has had issues in previous weeks and so have some of the other games have had low audio or stuttering audio. No issues today which was a good thing.

#10 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

That still doesn't help, the thread has some people saying they have no problems, others saying they have different problems with no one giving any specifc details that would be of use to anyone attempting to replicate or diagnose the problem.

There's no information on if they are watching the HD or SD feed, if they are listening to the audio directly on their TV or using a home theater system, are they using Optical, Coax, HDMI for digital audio, do they have any sound effects enabled like Pro Logic or SRS, is their receiver set to output dolby digital or PCM?

As for the Red Zone, you haven't said when it occurs. (i.e. when the in studio host talks, is it isolated to Fox or CBS games, etc) I don't know if DirecTV does the same, but the NFL Network's version lowers the audio of the games if the studio host is about to talk so the Fox or CBS commentary doesn't drown him out, but depending on the pace of the action if there's another touchdown about to happen they might turn the audio back up and have him say the comments later.

#11 OFFLINE   bridge

bridge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

I could deal with audio problems. The fricken BAL PIT game went off about an hour ago and all I see is the stupid "No Need To Call Us" screen.

#12 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,794 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

That still doesn't help, the thread has some people saying they have no problems, others saying they have different problems with no one giving any specifc details that would be of use to anyone attempting to replicate or diagnose the problem.

There's no information on if they are watching the HD or SD feed, if they are listening to the audio directly on their TV or using a home theater system, are they using Optical, Coax, HDMI for digital audio, do they have any sound effects enabled like Pro Logic or SRS, is their receiver set to output dolby digital or PCM?

As for the Red Zone, you haven't said when it occurs. (i.e. when the in studio host talks, is it isolated to Fox or CBS games, etc) I don't know if DirecTV does the same, but the NFL Network's version lowers the audio of the games if the studio host is about to talk so the Fox or CBS commentary doesn't drown him out, but depending on the pace of the action if there's another touchdown about to happen they might turn the audio back up and have him say the comments later.

I watch Sunday Ticket in my Home Theater room. I always view the HD feeds unless rain/snow fade dictates otherwise. My Sony XBR-65HX929 HDTV and HR24-500 are connected to my Sony STR-DA5600ES A/V receiver via HDMI cable. Dolby Digital setting on HR24-500 is on. I always use the A/V receiver for audio. I have not experienced the weekly audio issues the OP is having. Msguy, you need to post your set up like KyL416 pointed out to better troubleshoot your issue.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...