Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR23 0x628 Power Saver Ignored?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

I have two HR23 receivers, both on software 0x628 and both have Power Saver set to OFF

Randomly (meaning I have not made notes with a clock) both of them will NOT send a signal to the TV (well, one is connected to a TV, the other connected to a projector) until I press some key on the remote... be that the button to display the now playing list, or the button to display the guide, which seems to then send a "wake up and send an output signal" to the HR23

Is this just an oddity of software 0x628 ???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Software version 0x62c is rolling out and maybe it will help the situation.

Have you reset the receivers ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

I restarted one about a week ago due to the recurring "slow response" problem (it went into "false sleep" after the restart)

Since there is new software being pushed down the signal, I will wait until both have the newer software and then do a red button restart and see if that fixes the "false sleep" problem I am having

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have had incidinces where a choice change did not take effect. Something that I could tell in just a few minutes. What I did then was to choose what I did not want and let it stay that way for about 5 minutes and then go change it to the choice I actualy wanted. It worked.
You might try to turn the Power Saver to ON and wait about 5 minutes and then go back and turn it OFF. Of course you will not be able to tell if it worked until the next day but it is a quick and easy trial.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Turned living room TV on an hour ago... and it was in limbo until I pressed a key

It was still on 0x628, so I did the power save to on and back off... and then red button

I will watch to see if it goes into limbo again

#6 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Also found a message thread in the DTV forum, where it is claimed this is a bug

http://forums.direct...rtalPageId=1002

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Also found a message thread in the DTV forum, where it is claimed this is a bug

http://forums.direct...rtalPageId=1002

Are you getting the floating DTV logo ?
Those people are and that is the Screen Saver. That is a totally different problem than the Power Saver. Power Saver just shuts down , almost like turning the set to OFF.
Hopefully we will all get the new software soon.

#8 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yes, I do see the logo on screen when the HR23 goes into whatever mode it is going into

I certainly have no way to know if it is a false power saver mode, or a false screen saver mode... all I know is that as soon as I press a remote button, the signal and sound "wake up" and the TV works again

Hopefully, the new software will fix this problem... and not create a new problem!

#9 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

I now have software 0x62c so will make note if the problem persists

#10 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Excellent.
Hopefully the stability they mention for this update might include the fix for the unwanted Screen Saver while the program is still playing.

#11 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Back again... software 0x62c did NOT fix the "false sleep and no output" problem

This is NOT consistent, but "sometimes" I will turn the TV on during the day, and there is not output from the HR23 until I press any button on the remote

This is really annoying!

#12 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

0x066a is rolling out now and you should get it soon if not by the time you read this.

If you still have the issue after the update try turning power save back on, wait a bit and turn it back off.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#13 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Back again... software 0x62c did NOT fix the "false sleep and no output" problem

This is NOT consistent, but "sometimes" I will turn the TV on during the day, and there is not output from the HR23 until I press any button on the remote

This is really annoying!

This is beginning to sound like you are leaving the receiver ON all the time.
If that is the case, you will get the screen saver when the remote keys have not been touched in X amount of time.

#14 OFFLINE   JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yes, I never turn the HR23 off

I expect the screen saver when I am on a music channel and do not touch a remote key in X amount of time

What I do NOT expect is the "false sleep" (or whatever the correct term) that not only puts a screen saver up... it cuts the sound output until I touch a remote key

I certainly hope the next software update fixes this problem

Edited by JohnTSmith, 16 February 2013 - 11:21 AM.

spam firewall