Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recent Installer/HR34 experience

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

So some of you may have seen my post regarding an upgrade to my system, and the sad retirement of my last HR20-700 (don't get me started, I went through so much with my HR20-700s in the early days, I felt like I was giving away my kids)
Anyhow, a week ago the install took place, and I wanted to recap my experience.
First off I should say that over the years my only really bad experience with D* was its installers. I have written about those experiences here so I won't go into it again. Lets just say they were atrocious at best.

Last Sunday however was an outstanding experience. Clearly D* has gone to great lengths to improve this area, and it shows!

Multiband called an hour before the appt. with an update. The installer called when he was on the way.
He was courteous, and professional.
He replaced nearly my entire system;
he found the dish needed to be re-peaked, and did that
last installer never grounded my dish (!!!!, add that to my previous mentioned list of bad experiences in the past)
he grounded it properly
new LNB
new switch
new run to main box (now HR34)
he tweaked everything before he left so it was just right
made sure everything was perfect
all in all the poor guy was at my house for 7 hours!

I now have SWiM, and DECA on all 4 boxes, and I couldn't be happier.
I was worried about losing the Ethernet LAN connection, but as it turns out for no good reason.

The entire experience was finally the caliber service that is in line with the quality of D* itself. GREAT!

Thanks to VOS for his advice, and reassurance, and thanks to D*
14 years with D* and going on life. I am one happy customer.
:love1:

Edited by SteveHas, 02 December 2012 - 04:08 PM.
added coments

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,175 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Excellent. Good to see a post of a satisfied customer.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

spam firewall