Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I'm no longer sure the RZC is worth $60

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saleen351

saleen351

Godfather

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

I used to be a RZC nut, but for some reason I changed my viewing this year to more of the game mix channel. Sure having a 61" tv helps and lets be honest D has gotten better at GM, it's far faster and doesn't mess up the audio as often.

Basically the GM channel is your RZC and one thing either by luck or design the GM channel is always slightly ahead of the game channel thus if you flip you don't miss much.

I get it, it's only $3.50 a week, but I honestly rarely use it as there few and fewer games on each week.

With bye weeks, MNF, SNF, TNF and just bad games you no longer need the RZC for an extra $60 a week.

My Jets game are a perfect example, only a die hard Jets or Cards fan could have sat thru that mess last week.

I'm curious if I'm in the minority, next year I won't be getting NFL max for an extra $60.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

I was unaware that anyone actually paid for the RZC.

But either way, I like it and if you like the GM channel on a 61", you should see it on a big screen display.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   saleen351

saleen351

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I was unaware that anyone actually paid for the RZC.

But either way, I like it and if you like the GM channel on a 61", you should see it on a big screen display.

Should I have asked for it for free? Were they giving it away for free easily prior to the season?

#4 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

I switch back and forth between 2-3 games until they are close to ending. Then I switch to RedZone to watch all the close endings.

That isn't really relevant to the topic, but...beer.
DTV = Digital Television

#5 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Should I have asked for it for free? Were they giving it away for free easily prior to the season?

I didn't call this year (but others got it free), but had it free the previous two years.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#6 OFFLINE   RD in Fla

RD in Fla

Icon

• Registered
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I used to be a RZC nut, but for some reason I changed my viewing this year to more of the game mix channel. Sure having a 61" tv helps and lets be honest D has gotten better at GM, it's far faster and doesn't mess up the audio as often.

Basically the GM channel is your RZC and one thing either by luck or design the GM channel is always slightly ahead of the game channel thus if you flip you don't miss much.

I get it, it's only $3.50 a week, but I honestly rarely use it as there few and fewer games on each week.

With bye weeks, MNF, SNF, TNF and just bad games you no longer need the RZC for an extra $60 a week.

My Jets game are a perfect example, only a die hard Jets or Cards fan could have sat thru that mess last week.

I'm curious if I'm in the minority, next year I won't be getting NFL max for an extra $60.

I got it free, but I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case for Jets fans :P

Protected By... spam firewall...And...