Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What sats do I need to see?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

In order to get the "TOP 250" programming pkg (including NYC locals) what sats do I need to see? Trying to figure out if I can use the ground mounted post already in place for DirecTV 99/101/103. Not a lot of "sky" left beyond those 3 where it is located.

Zip = 07036 (Northern NJ)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Will you have HD or only sd? HD would be 61.5 and 72 (77 is also on EA, but you would not be needing it currently). SD would be 110 and 119.

#3 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Use www.dishpointer.com to see wher the sats are for your address.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

In order to get the "TOP 250" programming pkg (including NYC locals) what sats do I need to see? Trying to figure out if I can use the ground mounted post already in place for DirecTV 99/101/103. Not a lot of "sky" left beyond those 3 where it is located.

Getting our Americas Top 250 pkg w/locals and living in the New Jersey area, your satellite dish will be pointed at the Eastern skies (EA). The satellites you will receive if you have the line of site are; 61.5, 72.7 and 77 with our 1000.4 satellite DISH.

#5 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Directv dish uses a larger diameter pipe so you will need an adapter if you can see the EA satellites which is doubtful.
61.5 is 40 degrees EAST of 101 that is quite a move if you truly have a narrow window.

#6 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Use www.dishpointer.com to see wher the sats are for your address.

I know where to look, just not what to look for. ;)

Getting our Americas Top 250 pkg w/locals and living in the New Jersey area, your satellite dish will be pointed at the Eastern skies (EA). The satellites you will receive if you have the line of site are; 61.5, 72.7 and 77 with our 1000.4 satellite DISH.

Thanks, just what I needed.

Directv dish uses a larger diameter pipe so you will need an adapter if you can see the EA satellites which is doubtful.
61.5 is 40 degrees EAST of 101 that is quite a move if you truly have a narrow window.

Yup ... looks like sticking with D* or going to Fios.

spam firewall