Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

c31 pause live TV question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

When you pause live tv on a c31 can you go to the hr34 room and pick it up?
how does this work?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

When you pause live tv on a c31 can you go to the hr34 room and pick it up?
how does this work?

"Sort of".

I just ran through some checks here.

My HR34 was on a channel. I turned on my C31, which was also on the same channel. It was using a different tuner than the HR34, so I changed channels and changed back. When it came back it was using the same tuner as the HR34, so I could << back to the beginning of the show.

Next I changed channels and paused the C31.
I went back to the HR34 and changed channel to the same as I'd paused on the C31. It started at "live TV", but I could rewind back to where I'd paused the C31.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

"Sort of".

My HR34 was on a channel. I turned on my C31, which was also on the same channel. It was using a different tuner than the HR34, so I changed channels and changed back. When it came back it was using the same tuner as the HR34, so I could << back to the beginning of the show.

I went back to the HR34 and changed channel to the same as I'd paused on the C31. It started at "live TV", but I could rewind back to where I'd paused the C31.

Thank you for taking the time to test this.
I need to decide between the c31 and h25 .
My wife likes to pause in one room and go to the other and pick it up,but it sounds like both would work just have to hit record on the h25.
the fact you can not play shows from second dvr is a problem for me although I know the software is in the works,
the other thing is the cost a c31 is free and 99.00 for a h25 plus the 199.00 for the second dvr decisions ,decisions

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

"Sort of".

What would this same set of sequences do if you pressed stop on the C31 instead of pause ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

What would this same set of sequences do if you pressed stop on the C31 instead of pause ?

"Well" if you had a stop button on the remote, it wouldn't do anything for "live TV", now would it?
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

This is a feature many people don't understand or appreciate about C31 Genie Clients. Personally I use it several times a week.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

"Well" if you had a stop button on the remote, it wouldn't do anything for "live TV", now would it?

Had my head on recordings.

I just did a Stop using the recordings buttons on the live TV I am watching.
You get a "bonk" sound. LOL

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#8 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Had my head on recordings.

I just did a Stop using the recordings buttons on the live TV I am watching.
You get a "bonk" sound. LOL

Your question before was about the C31, which is coming with the RC70 remote these days, and it doesn't had a stop button. :(
A.K.A VOS

#9 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Your question before was about the C31, which is coming with the RC70 remote these days, and it doesn't had a stop button. :(

I haven't seen one of the RC70 remotes or the c31 except in a picture.

I will just read these posts from now on.

#10 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I haven't seen one of the RC70 remotes or the c31 except in a picture.

I will just read these posts from now on.

I got word that the RC70 isn't being used as much as I'd heard, FWIW
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall