Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Did a recent upgrade change how guide works?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Italfra1

Italfra1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Has anyone else experienced the guide working differntly? In the past when you toggled up and down the highlighted blue box would let you know what show you we,re on and at any time if you hit select it would take you directly to that show. Now when your scrolling in guide you don't have the blue marker and your never really sure where you are. and when you finally hit select you end up on a different channel than what you wanted. something like that. Just seems like something has recently changed and not for the better. any help? thx

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   krock918316

krock918316

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I've noticed that some of the banner ads cause the focus to move to the channel names instead of the current show for that channel. A single right button on the remote will fix the problem.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,611 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I would reset the receiver and see doesn't that fix it.

Menu, Settings, Reset, Choose the first one in the list Restart Receiver.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Yes. It is now a PITA. D* please fix it. Thank-you.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#5 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

It seems in many cases, mine for example, the "stability" release has been the opposite.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#6 OFFLINE   Italfra1

Italfra1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Did a reset and my guide is functioning perfectly. The blue high lighted boxes are now where they should be and all life is good again. Thx.

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,611 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Did a reset and my guide is functioning perfectly. The blue high lighted boxes are now where they should be and all life is good again. Thx.

Thanks for the update.
Glad that worked for you. In the future you will find that a reset as you just did fixes a lot of small annoying problems.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...