Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Extra Pack Sales Trick

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

It would be a $0.83 credit I believe.

:lol:
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 872 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Just so you know, the customer has a trick for the HD extra pack too.;)
Lets just say you should have taken the 3 month offer. You can delete it from your account right online,and that when you'll see the Trick!:)

Oh, great, now the secret is out! ;)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#23 OFFLINE   ebox4greg

ebox4greg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Mine said FREE for 3 months. I'll surely be cancelling it on day 87! LOL

Also, you can't cancel the trial until after day 32.

#24 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I talked to some shady characters at DIRECTV, this is being fixed.

WHAT?? There are "shady characters" at DirecTV?? Say it isn't so!! :sure:

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#25 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Figured as much - an idea without real merit.

Since channels like Starz, HBO, and Showtime also do free previews periodically, the bookkeeping alone to do those minuscule adjustments seems foolish.

I'm all for getting a good deal...but trying to "trick" the system to get a few temporary benefits seems like questionable and not worthy of most people's time IMHO.

Well, Jan.11-13 DIRECTV is showing all Premium channels for free......if anyone knows some more "tricks" i'm available for some magic to entertain me.

#26 Guest_clamage_*

Guest_clamage_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just so you know, the customer has a trick for the HD extra pack too.;)
Lets just say you should have taken the 3 month offer. You can delete it from your account right online,and that when you'll see the Trick!:)

I talked to some shady characters at DIRECTV, this is being fixed.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but it looks like this has indeed been fixed. You must now call to remove it (email works too). I haven't tried to add it back and probably won't. Clicking 2 buttons every 3 months for the past 5 years was much easier than calling is going to be. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

#27 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but it looks like this has indeed been fixed. You must now call to remove it (email works too). I haven't tried to add it back and probably won't. Clicking 2 buttons every 3 months for the past 5 years was much easier than calling is going to be. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I do it every 3 months. Call DTV, and tell the electronic voice "Remove HD Extra Pack". It asks you yo confirm, say "Yes". Wait 10 minutes or so, go to your online account, and you`ll see that DTV offers you 3 free months. Add it to your account, and you`re good for 3 more months.

May sound stupid and cheap (it does save $70+ year), but it`s also a good way for me to check the autopay, etc, and make sure everything is still OK.

#28 Guest_clamage_*

Guest_clamage_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

I do it every 3 months. Call DTV, and tell the electronic voice "Remove HD Extra Pack". It asks you yo confirm, say "Yes". Wait 10 minutes or so, go to your online account, and you`ll see that DTV offers you 3 free months. Add it to your account, and you`re good for 3 more months.

May sound stupid and cheap (it does save $70+ year), but it`s also a good way for me to check the autopay, etc, and make sure everything is still OK.

Awesome! Thanks twiseguy. I didn't realize you could do that in the automated system.

#29 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

I had a DTV message this morning saying the HD Extra Pack will be free 5-12 Dec. After 8 AM EST still no channels. Called CSR and the first statement was
"Why don't we give you free 3 months of HD Extra Pack?" This was the same sales trick played on me several months ago. Last time I took the free 3 months knowing that if you don't cancel brfore 3 months are up, you're automatically signed up and charged. This time I just asked to light up the channels and after she put me on hold, the channels lit up.

How many channels are there? I'm thinking switching.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#30 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,857 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

How many channels are there? I'm thinking switching.

9 channels, Hallmark Movie Channel HD,HD Net Movies,MGM HD,Sony Movie Channel HD,Universal HD,Smithsonian Channel HD,Crime & Investigation HD,Palladia HD,Shorts HD.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#31 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

I just did the trick an hour or so ago. Clicked to remove it from my programming then went back to my programming and added it back for $0.00 for 3 months.

#32 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I just did the trick an hour or so ago. Clicked to remove it from my programming then went back to my programming and added it back for $0.00 for 3 months.

That's really not a trick I have been doing that for well over a year now since I started doing most everything online.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#33 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,089 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

That's really not a trick I have been doing that for well over a year now since I started doing most everything online.

He's just saying it still works since someone said it's closed/fixed. http://www.dbstalk.c...172#post3190172
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#34 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 872 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Shhhhhhhhh! It's a secret. ;)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#35 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Shhhhhhhhh! It's a secret. ;)

Crap! Err.....uhh......early April fools!!! No trick! :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...