Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV support for MFH3?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   OLP

OLP

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Has DirecTV abandoned support for MFH3? Will there be a new "i" Series receiver?

I live in a MFH3 building, and the HR20i is the only HD receiver available - that is the latest "i" series receiver and is 5 years old. (I'm forced to get service through HotWire - ouch, talk about bad customer service...)

No one at DirecTV can tell me if there be a newer "i" series receiver (ex HR34i).

Worse - no one I have talked to at DirecTV even knows what MFH3 is, until they look it up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 879 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Has DirecTV abandoned support for MFH3? Will there be a new "i" Series receiver?

I live in a MFH3 building, and the HR20i is the only HD receiver available - that is the latest "i" series receiver and is 5 years old. (I'm forced to get service through HotWire - ouch, talk about bad customer service...)

No one at DirecTV can tell me if there be a newer "i" series receiver (ex HR34i).

Worse - no one I have talked to at DirecTV even knows what MFH3 is, until they look it up.

You should contact your MDU provider. But there will most likely not be anymore "i" series recievers as they are mostly going with SWM setups for MDU's now as far as I know.

#3 OFFLINE   ace58i

ace58i

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

That is a huge bummer. So what does that mean for people who reside in a condo building that has MFH3?

If we hit 2016, will I be stuck with an HR20i forever?

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,501 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

You'll need to start lobbying with your condo association to upgrade their DirecTV equipment.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,492 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I am not surprised they aren't familiar with it. I believe there had been the possibility of an HR24i being released, but it never happened.

Unfortunately your options (I see two) are extremely limited, and neither of them are necessarily realistic.

spam firewall