Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad Activation Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ilovehd

ilovehd

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hello all! Long time lurker and I have finally run across a problem I need to run past you. I recently purchased a Nomad off eBay, this item was listed as new never activated. I hooked it all up yesterday and when it went to activate it returns with "We could not activate your Directv Nomad" call 18005325000 and report error code (Nomad/103). I did this and the csr ran me through the usual troubleshooting (reboots, lights, receiver settings) she then said a tech would have to come look at it. I told her I did not think that was necessary since all other funtions of my network and receivers are working they way they should and I would like to escallate it to their engineering department which has now been done and I am waiting to hear back.

My questions are: Has anyone come across this error before and what the fix was?

Do i need to open any special ports on my router? It looks like the Nomad uses ports 8082 and 8083 which are already open by the Nomad setting itself up using Upnp.

Thanks! :)
- I feast on the smorgasbord of atmospheric violence -

My Equipment:

(1) HR34 "Genie"
(2) HR20-700 DVRs
DirecTV Nomad
Panasonic 50" Plasma TV
HP 42" Plasma TV
Mitsubishi 65" HD Rear View Projection TV
Yamaha 6.1 Home Theater System
JVC 5.1 Home Theater System

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   DSOUND

DSOUND

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

I had the same problem. Left the unit on overnight and everything worked fine the next day.

#3 OFFLINE   ilovehd

ilovehd

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Just a quick update - DirecTV's engineering department got this working in a little over 1 day. The problem is even if you buy this item "new" on a place like eBay, when it was originally purchased it was tied to the original owners DirecTV account. They have to re-associate it with your account allowing it to be activated.
- I feast on the smorgasbord of atmospheric violence -

My Equipment:

(1) HR34 "Genie"
(2) HR20-700 DVRs
DirecTV Nomad
Panasonic 50" Plasma TV
HP 42" Plasma TV
Mitsubishi 65" HD Rear View Projection TV
Yamaha 6.1 Home Theater System
JVC 5.1 Home Theater System

Protected By... spam firewall...And...