Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Had to call for a dead DVR tonight

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

I have always told them it was a Dead Unit and looked and had the smell of burnt toast and they have always had me Return it and sent me another one with no questions asked.

No one has ever checked to see if the DVR was indeed dead when it arrived at Directv and notified me that it was not dead.

If they don't check their Returned DVRs or Receivers than that is their problem and maybe they should check and ensure refurbishment of their returned DVRs.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   bobcamp1

bobcamp1

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I think the major issue with D* is that they probably make their CSRs follow a script and not to think. I've been trying to get a defective DVR that has a bad tuner replaced for the past 3 years with the protection and they won't do it. They think because it works after a reboot it's fixed. I am stuck with the box till it burst up in flames.

Just lie and say it's totally dead. Or set the box on fire yourself.

And when your replacement isn't an HR24, just complain that the unit you got has a large dent in it. Don't mention that it got that dent after you took a baseball bat to it. :D

#23 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 380 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I think the major issue with D* is that they probably make their CSRs follow a script and not to think.

You hit the nail on the head!

My wife works from home for a company that provides CSR's for many, many companies. All of these people also work from home (mostly house wives and soccer moms) and at the present time she is managing 40 CSR's. Most of the stuff i have seen her do over the last 10 years has been infomercial junk that is useless to most of is...

Sometime over last spring they asked her to head up her current team for a brand new client that they where signing a contract with. The new client was :: cough, cough:: Directv!

All of these people that she manages must read the script that Directv wrote EXACTLY as it shows on there screen.. she has to randomly listen into calls to check up on that and if someone goes off script she has to give then a compliance slip.. 4 slips within a certain time frame and your fired..

They told her that the team is only getting the "overflow" calls but, she has to fill hours with her team 24/7/365. So chances are if you are calling into Directv you are gonna get someone sitting in there living room!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#24 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Good information. It's obvious they are heavily scripted, and that short lived DirecTV tech twitter guy up here gave even more insight before he got wiped off the face of the internet.

You hit the nail on the head!

My wife works from home for a company that provides CSR's for many, many companies. All of these people also work from home (mostly house wives and soccer moms) and at the present time she is managing 40 CSR's. Most of the stuff i have seen her do over the last 10 years has been infomercial junk that is useless to most of is...

Sometime over last spring they asked her to head up her current team for a brand new client that they where signing a contract with. The new client was :: cough, cough:: Directv!

All of these people that she manages must read the script that Directv wrote EXACTLY as it shows on there screen.. she has to randomly listen into calls to check up on that and if someone goes off script she has to give then a compliance slip.. 4 slips within a certain time frame and your fired..

They told her that the team is only getting the "overflow" calls but, she has to fill hours with her team 24/7/365. So chances are if you are calling into Directv you are gonna get someone sitting in there living room!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

#25 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

I wonder what portion of DirecTV calls are handled domestically vs. foreign?
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#26 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I have never gotten a foreign call center....I've been a D* customer since 1997. Do they even have any currently? I honestly don't know. It doesnt mean you cant get a CSR with a very heavy accent that is actually in this country.

#27 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 380 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Well back last summer i was getting really bored due to the fact that i have been unable to work since 2008 because of a accident at work that left me disabled. So the wife talked me into applying at her company and trying the "Directv Line".

I was hired by the company and was required to work on there "General Line" for 30 days. After that i would be allowed to go though the process of being "trained" for Directv. This consisted of reading a manual and taking a 50 question multiple choice test that i had to score atleast a 90% on.

Not ever even taking a peek at the manual i scored a 99% on it....:D The trainer was so impressed saying she NEVER had anyone score higher than a 94 on it! :lol:

After that i was then passed on to another person who was suppost to assign me to a team leader where i could begin working taking calls.. That's when they found out that my wife was a team leader on that line and told me i was not allowed to work on that line so i never made it to taking calls..

So what it comes down to is anyone with a internet connection and can pass the 50 question test w/o having anyone of relation a "team leader" can be a Directv CSR!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

Protected By... spam firewall...And...