Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RC65RX and Toshiba SDTV Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 153 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

I have a Toshiba TV (model 14AF43) that I have programmed with my RC65RX remote and my H25 receiver, however I've found that the DirecTV & TV Power On/Off buttons do not turn the TV off and on as expected - I have to slide the slider over to TV and hit PWR manually.

Anyone have any suggestions I could try or is this something I'm going to have to live with?
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Do the auto code search and get a different code. On the remote select and mute, once it blinks twice, hit 9,9,1,1, then On and then tap channel up until tv turns off once it does hit select to lock the code in try the master power. If it doesnt work rinse and repeat for new code usually the 3rd code works master power but some toshibas will not program master power.

#3 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Do the auto code search and get a different code. On the remote select and mute, once it blinks twice, hit 9,9,1,1, then On.

Are you sure that's the correct code? If I try it, as soon as I've hit 9, 9 and 1 it flashes twice and ignores the rest of my input and changes channels.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#4 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

You have to slide the remote slider over to tv 1st.

#5 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

You have to slide the remote slider over to tv 1st.

Tried that - same behavior. It changes the channels on my TV instead of on the receiver. Seems like after I've entered the first "1" in that code, it flashes and ignores the additional 1.

#6 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Ok follow these steps exactly. Slide switch to TV, Hold select and mute until the tv button blinks twice, hit 9,9,1,1 then ON, tap channel up until the tv turns off once it turns off hit select and test it. If it doesnt work repeat. If the process doesnt work like changes your channel or something you are doing it wrong.

#7 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

After entering 991 it should blink twice and then you press 1 then it flashes 2 times again then you use channel up.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

just try codes 12006 or 10765.
aka Tivoburkee

#9 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Code 12006 did the trick.

spam firewall