Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

KFOR Ch. 4 OKC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Anyone else having issues with pixelation or brief audio/video freezes? I have an hr24 that is doing this. I was watching buffered video earlier and did the same on another HR21 same buffered content and it was only on the one dvr. Watching Koco it hasn't done it yet. I'm trying to determine if its a local channel issue or dvr.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

OTA or LiL?
A few minutes of each looks okay so far.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#3 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

LiL. I have another hr24 it seems fine on KFOR. The one with problems has about 12% free. I'm thinkings it's this one dvr. I'm going to reboot it see if that helps.

#4 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Been monitoring both OTA & LiL and no problems.
Good luck with your DVR.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#5 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 826 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

LiL. I have another hr24 it seems fine on KFOR. The one with problems has about 12% free. I'm thinkings it's this one dvr. I'm going to reboot it see if that helps.

Cannot speak for the HR24, but for the earlier HR2x series, when a Hard Drive has single digits free you certainly get into the conditions you describe. It would not surprise me if you see some of this at 12% on any HR2x unit.

The fact that you see it on one unit and not the other confirms it.

I ran dual recordings for a period of time with units of single digit free space and 90% free units. When I hit a spot with freezes, I checked the same on the 90% free units - and they were fine.

After seeing this for myself multiple times, I changed my configuration around to alleviate the issue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...