Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problem with YouTube

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

I had not tried the Youtube feature on my new HR34, so I decided to try it last night and it does not work. Anyone else having trouble with this feature? When I try to search for Youtube videos, I get the following message:

“There was a problem connecting to the internet. Please test your connection.”

When I run the suggested test, I get the following error:

“Playback Errors due to dropped connections. This receiver appears to be experiencing network playback errors. If you are experiencing problems watching recorded content, please call Customer Service....blah.blah.. Diagnostic Code: 72-79-744”

I don’t have any problems viewing recorded content across the network. When I press the dash on the remote, it says it is connected to the internet. Pandora works fine. Game Lounge work fine. TV Apps work fine. I’ve reset the HR34 twice, but that hasn’t helped.

The internet connection is via a DECA, which is connected to my network switch via Ethernet. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Same thing is happening with free to air boxes, like the AZ Box Premium plus. YouTube keeps changing their security parameters and it requires a firmware update.

#3 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ok, so it may be something with Youtube and not on my end. I wander why I'm getting that playback error though.

#4 OFFLINE   Strog

Strog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Works fine for me. See if you can ping your HR34 from your PC. You might have to reconnect HR34 to your router. Happens to me sometimes time when I move my unit.

#5 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Works fine for me. See if you can ping your HR34 from your PC. You might have to reconnect HR34 to your router. Happens to me sometimes time when I move my unit.

I just went through taking the entire network down and then bringing everything back up 1 at a time. I also unplugged all of the receivers, clients, DECA, and power inserter and brought all of that back up 1 at a time. It didn't help.

Yes, I can ping all of the receivers from my PC. I did notice one thing, my router is not assigning an IP to the DECA. Is it suppose to get one? I see that it has a MAC address, so I would think so, but I'm not sure. All of the receivers do get IPs.

#6 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

I also noticed something else that is strange. If I look at the IP address in the receiver's settings/info they show up as 169.254.10.x, but the router's DHCP server is assigning different address, e.g 192.168.1.x. Are the IP addresses assigned by the router suppose to show up in the receiver's info?

#7 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

In more info you should see your router assigned IP address. If you do not then your Genie is not getting it's DHCP assignment. A 169 address is an internal address the DIRECTV receivers will assign themselves.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Same thing is happening with free to air boxes, like the AZ Box Premium plus. YouTube keeps changing their security parameters and it requires a firmware update.

Those changes only break unofficial apps that attempt to grab the video by scraping the source code of the web page. Official partners like DirecTV, XBox and some Bluray players use an API, so changes to their website don't affect them.

#9 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

The Genie shows the correct IP that is assigned by the router, as does my H25. However, none of the 3 C31 clients show their router assigned IPs. All 3 of them show a 169.xx.xx.xx IP.

Can someone else check the IP on their C31 and see if it shows the router assigned IP?

Everything except YouTube works on all receivers. OnDemand, Pandora, etc. But YouTube doesn't work on any of them.

#10 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

The C31's will not show an IP address from your router they will only show the 169. link local Ip address.

#11 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

The C31's will not show an IP address from your router they will only show the 169. link local Ip address.

Thanks for the info. I know the internet is working. I can also schedule recordings with the Iphone App, but no YouTube. Strange.

#12 OFFLINE   ebox4greg

ebox4greg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Installed on 12/3. YOUTUBE just started working on ONE of my c31's.
It does appear to take a while.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...