Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

leased or owned??

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Whats that? If they are your old HR20's why would you need a new card to activate them?

I dunno. Another money stream, perhaps? I just know once you deactivate them you'll need a new card (in most cases) to reactivate them.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Re-sent the Non Receoverable reponse and got the following correction

Non recoverable receivers are models that DIRECTV no longer recovers for refurbishment or redeployment. The receiver can never be reactivated onto any other account except the original account that they were first activated on, so I apologize for any confusion that our agent may have caused. Non recoverable equipment, is not owned, it's still leased equipment that we do not recover. Leased equipment cannot be sold, traded or activated onto another account.

I have forwarded this email to upper management to review with this agent to ensure the accuracy of future requests. I again apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused.

Dish Slimline-5 WB68 MRV Enabled (Non Supported) Cat 5
HR20-100 - HR21/100 - HR23-700 - Not Networked DSR708 SD

#63 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

We see leased equipment sold all the time. My impression was that the leased equipment could not have been activated on any account yet but if it hadn't then it was able to be sold.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#64 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Non-recoverable does NOT mean owned....leased is leased and will NOT be transfered...receivers that have never been activated can still be activated with an agreement just like any other upgrade....many many CSR's do not understand this fairly simple policy.....always call and ask for ACDT.....sadly I have seen some of them make mistakes also....bottom line ...ask if it is owned or non-recoverable
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#65 OFFLINE   VABlitz

VABlitz

• Registered
  • 109 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

How do you own instead of lease one of the newer HRs? I was under the impression that all HR22-24s were leased now. And some of the HR21s were owned instead of leased.

#66 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

How do you own instead of lease one of the newer HRs? I was under the impression that all HR22-24s were leased now. And some of the HR21s were owned instead of leased.

If you owned a receiver and it is replaced under the Protection Plan the new receiver would still be owned. Also, some people who have owned receivers have sold them to other users. By and large though, most receivers that are activated will be leased.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#67 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 817 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

You can also call and purchase one straight from DirecTV for $499.
Buy an HR21Pro from SS for $399.
Or see if you can find an owned one from a former DirecTV employee.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#68 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

You can also call and purchase one straight from DirecTV for $499.
Buy an HR21Pro from SS for $399.
Or see if you can find an owned one from a former DirecTV employee.

Directv has changed their Policy regarding Employees Owning DVRs which states they can't sell them to anyone else and if they leave the Employment of Directv it reverts to becoming a Leased DVR and has to be Returned to Directv or the Employee will be Charged Full Price for an Owned DVR.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#69 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I've got six 24s that are owned.

Rich

#70 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Directv has changed their Policy regarding Employees Owning DVRs which states they can't sell them to anyone else and if they leave the Employment of Directv it reverts to becoming a Leased DVR and has to be Returned to Directv or the Employee will be Charged Full Price for an Owned DVR.

That still varies. I spoke to someone in the access card department team on this within the last 2 weeks and was told that they could only sell them if they were no longer employed. It does not seem to be static across the board.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#71 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

One thing I've never been clear on... I purchased a owned receiver from a member here, got a new access card, and had it activated on my account as owned (all through the access card department). I have the protection plan as well. If that DVR were to die down the road, would it be replaced with an owned receiver or does that only apply to the original purchaser?

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#72 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

The Replacement Receiver or DVR Will Be Considered As OWNED!!! :)
Here's My Setup

#73 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

That still varies. I spoke to someone in the access card department team on this within the last 2 weeks and was told that they could only sell them if they were no longer employed. It does not seem to be static across the board.

Well Directv needs to get their Policy on this matter straight and let everyone know what it is going forward. :)

This Post was Posted by a Directv Employee.

http://www.dbstalk.c...4&postcount=105

Edited by Richierich, 21 January 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Here's My Setup

#74 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

One thing I've never been clear on... I purchased a owned receiver from a member here, got a new access card, and had it activated on my account as owned (all through the access card department). I have the protection plan as well. If that DVR were to die down the road, would it be replaced with an owned receiver or does that only apply to the original purchaser?

It will be replaced with an owned HR. How that affects the five tuner HRs is, apparently, not known yet. I've asked several times and haven't gotten an answer to that question that seems firm.

Rich

#75 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I have an HR21 that replaced and HR20 I bought Used
Direct TV Considers it OWNED

#76 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Just so it's clear, if you deactivated an unrecoverable reciever, you can reactivate that reciever with no problem on your account. As stated above, you just can't sell it, as it is still leased.

Edited by HinterXGames, 21 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#77 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Well Directv needs to get their Policy on this matter straight and let everyone know what it is going forward. :)

This Post was Posted by a Directv Employee.

http://www.dbstalk.c...4&postcount=105

Thats incorrect, once a DTV employee separates employment the receivers are owned, just have to wait on the account to be switched to a regular account...while employed the receivers are owned but cannot be sold.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#78 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 817 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

That depends on the account type the employee had. With some types of accounts they receivers are supposed to be converted to leased after terminating their employment with DirecTV.

Thats incorrect, once a DTV employee separates employment the receivers are owned, just have to wait on the account to be switched to a regular account...while employed the receivers are owned but cannot be sold.

And this is correct, a *directv* employee will keep their owned equipment.
An employee with a third party who does work for DirecTV and has their equipment marked as owned will have their equipment converted to leased after ending employment.

Best to speak to ACDT as always.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#79 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

So there is no confusion, these were posted as examples of who/what not to buy based on the complete mis-statement of facts as they relate to leased or owned by eBay Sellers

Item # Removed by OP Zero Bids DirecTv H-24 700 receivers and acc!!!

I have 3 directv h-24 700 recievers with the hookups 2 controllers and the access cards for all 3. I do not know if they work. I had been told That they are in collections but I think that they are ways around that and you can still use them. If not you still have 2 controllers and some extra cords, along with parts!

Item # Removed by OP Zero Bids Used Direct TV H21 receiver HD

I have called direct TV and gave them the RID and they have informed me this receiver is a leased unit and there is no outstanding balance. All that will need to be done if the unit is purchased is both the original owner and new owner will need to be on the phone so the receiver can be transfered to the new owner. The DirecTV person reassured me several times that there is no charge for the leased receiver to be transfered to a new owner.. Here is the RID if you would like to call DirecTV and verify this info.eBay bidders are smarter than lying eBay listers removed by OP

Edited by Rent_Share, 10 February 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#80 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,872 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Item # 221184994260 Zero Bids DirecTv H-24 700 receivers and acc!!!

I have 3 directv h-24 700 recievers with the hookups 2 controllers and the access cards for all 3. I do not know if they work. I had been told That they are in collections but I think that they are ways around that and you can still use them. If not you still have 2 controllers and some extra cords, along with parts!

Item # 111008137649 Zero Bids Used Direct TV H21 receiver HD

I have called direct TV and gave them the RID and they have informed me this receiver is a leased unit and there is no outstanding balance. All that will need to be done if the unit is purchased is both the original owner and new owner will need to be on the phone so the receiver can be transfered to the new owner. The DirecTV person reassured me several times that there is no charge for the leased receiver to be transfered to a new owner.. Here is the RID if you would like to call DirecTV and verify this info. RID # 0293 8782 5242 Serial # C11BA7PR102589

eBay bidders are smarter than lying eBay listers

To add to this: The more sales the listers have, the less you can trust them. This is a generality, of course. Good rule of thumb, tho.

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...