Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Add the 34 in, or dump everything old?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DeKoquonut

DeKoquonut

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have a 22-100 and a 21-100 and was not worried about getting a 34 anytime soon, until I helped my in-laws get theirs set up. Now I want to kill them and steal it.

I may roll the dice and call DTV as I have been with them for 17 years and rarely ask for anything -AND my 21-100 has been acting up a bit, getting noisy and lagging now and then.

The question is, should I try and swing a 34 for my theater room and keep the 22 for the second TV, or just drop all the old equipment and try and get a 34 and it's little satellite box?

I don't mind not having PIP on the 22, but if they will play nice together I would like the extra storage and 7 receivers vs 5.

I did search for this questing before making a new topic, but if I get redirected to an existing thread I will hit myself in the face with a pillow case full of hammers as penance.

Thank you all and Merry Christmas!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Only you can answer that question, because only you know if you need the extra tuners or not.

I'd probably keep the DVR.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 ONLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,355 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

I think it never hurts to have a back up DVR in case something goes bad.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

When I got my 34 last Feb, I kept my HR24 and HR22. Other than a bit of a lag when playing something recorded on my 22 or 24, on my 34, they have all gotten along real nice. I kept the 24 and 34 to use as backups for my favorite programs till the 34 gets it's act together. FWIW...
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#5 OFFLINE   markrogo

markrogo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I would not trust all your recordings/programming to a single HR34. For every positive anecdote you will get here, know there are plenty of people who have had nightmarish experiences.

#6 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 541 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

I would not trust all your recordings/programming to a single HR34. For every positive anecdote you will get here, know there are plenty of people who have had nightmarish experiences.

And how do we KNOW that????
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...