Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DENON avr 2311c1 HDMI Pass through not working!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   silkypimp

silkypimp

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

My Denon 2311C1 recently stopped passing video through the receiver. I can get audio and then it cuts in and out with zero video out to my TV. I have tried resetting the receiver to no avail and searching the interent for a cure. Right now I can stil get the receiver to work fine by running optical from the Directv HD DVR and PS3 with HDMI going directly to the TV from both sources.

Aside from calling Denon because my warranty is still in effect. Is there any known solution they may work to restore video being passed through? Seems the output HDMI port to the TV is not working in my opinion as audio is heard when plugged into the receiver.

Also I have read that PCM digital audio is lossless and actually better than HDMI DD. I can't tell the difference at this point because it's been a few months since the problem started. I do remember the HDMI audio to be much louder for background noises. I may just leave it running optical if that's the case.

Any input is appreciated. :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,907 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

Have you tried changing the HDMI cable?

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   silkypimp

silkypimp

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I tried that already. I believe it is the hdmi output on the receiver to the TV because audio cuts in and out but no picture. Curiously it all started when I reset my directv receiver one day because I kept getting hdmi not supported message for protected content on HBO and other premium channels. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Hoping maybe it is stuck in between where the handshake meets the receiver. Wondering if a hdmi splitter would work as discussed in previous threads to get rid of that message hopefully bringing video back to life on my receiver.

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,907 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Troubleshooting is never fun but it is the only way to identify the issue. If your TV does not support HDCP you will have to use component cables to access the premium channels in HD.

#5 OFFLINE   silkypimp

silkypimp

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

My TV does support HDCP as when plugged in directly from Directv it works fine and has no issues with the message. I think the receiver is compliant but dos show that message frequently and goes away after a second until one day when it just would not go away. That's when I reset the directv and now the video will not pass through. The PS3 to the receiver does not output video as well. I guess my only option is to call Denon.

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,907 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

My TV does support HDCP as when plugged in directly from Directv it works fine and has no issues with the message. I think the receiver is compliant but dos show that message frequently and goes away after a second until one day when it just would not go away. That's when I reset the directv and now the video will not pass through. The PS3 to the receiver does not output video as well. I guess my only option is to call Denon.

Given that it sounds like the issue is with your Denon A/V receiver. Let us know how you make out.

#7 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

If you're willing to go through the setup again, reset the microprocessor on your Denon. Page 84 of your manual. If its still under warranty and you have to send it in, you'll have to set it up again anyway.

#8 OFFLINE   silkypimp

silkypimp

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Tried that already three times. I believe there is a service center near where I live, so hopefully they can fix it.

#9 OFFLINE   silkypimp

silkypimp

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I was hoping for a undocumented work around to get it working again.

Edited by silkypimp, 09 December 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

There are no magic undocumented fixes when hardware fails. Being under warranty like you said, there is no hope they can fix it. If its unfixable, they will send you a replacement of equal or greater value.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...