Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dtv or any other people working on christmas

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

A few years ago, I was able to get a day off on a day that was flagged "No day off requests" because A. My request was granted before the blackout was approved, B. I had documentation that it was for a exam at college, thus the date could not be changed, and C. I had filled in on enough other days (including holidays) to get the override.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Were you with DTV for what I call "The Great RCA Massacre"?

I was gone by March of '05 as Clientlogic (D*'s contractor for the CC in Las Vegas then) wouldn't schedule me around my college class times, so I may have missed it.

At the time I left I was a qualified tier 2 CSR to troubleshoot HD and DVR issues that tier 1 couldn't do, along with about 20-30 others (they were adding more as I left).

D* Setup:
1 x HR24-500 DVR

FTA Setup (in storage):
HotDish 90cm dish
Invacom Linear/Circular LNBF
Openbox S16 HD receiver

Another circumstance, too, worried me in those days: that there was no on like me and I was unlike anyone else. - Dostoyevsky

#63 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

I was gone by March of '05 as Clientlogic (D*'s contractor for the CC in Las Vegas then) wouldn't schedule me around my college class times, so I may have missed it.

At the time I left I was a qualified tier 2 CSR to troubleshoot HD and DVR issues that tier 1 couldn't do, along with about 20-30 others (they were adding more as I left).

I was also a Tier 2 at the time.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#64 OFFLINE   ikoniq

ikoniq

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

I'm in a D* call center and they gave us Christmas Day off, but we don't get New Year's.

#65 OFFLINE   markfp

markfp

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Our family has their big celebration on Christmas Eve so some of us like to go to a movie on Christmas day. Like you said there isn't much else to do.

SHHH! Don't say that too loudly. Some store like K-Mart will get the idea to start their after Christmas sales at 8am on Christmas morning.

#66 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

When I worked in a 24/7 call center quite a long time ago I always volunteered for Christmas (and New Years) Eve and Christmas Day. Why?

#1) The slowest call volume days of the year.
#2) Got paid 2X
#3) I don't celebrate Christmas (or New Years) so I figured I'd give those that did the opportunity to be with their families

Problem was, when I wanted 2 days off for the holiday I **DID** celebrate I was told 'work your schedule or be fired." I quit on Jan 2 after that holiday season.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...