Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rolling Stones PPV Question

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BruceFan

BruceFan

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

If I order the Rolling Stones PPV concert on Saturday night can I dvr it and watch it when I get home? Will it expire in 24 hours? Never ordered PPV live event before.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I know PPV boxing doesn't expire.

#3 OFFLINE   DLLindsay

DLLindsay

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

+1
I would like to know too.

#4 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,144 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

include me as well. thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

+1 I too would like to know...As an aside does anyone else find it even a bit funny that WWE is producing the PPV?
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Speaking of WWE, they don't delete their PPVs off of the DVRs. I don't think events are subject to deletion.

#7 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,820 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

+1 I too would like to know...As an aside does anyone else find it even a bit funny that WWE is producing the PPV?

They're just part of a partnership, they're mainly in it to use WWE's PPV uplink for worldwide distribution, the actual production is being done by another company. (It also helps that the following night WWE's production trucks just have to drive across the bridges for the TLC PPV in Brooklyn)

#8 OFFLINE   DLLindsay

DLLindsay

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Went ahead and emailed DTV today. Below is the response:

"Thanks for writing to ask about recording Rolling Stones-One More Shot (Live).

With the convenience of digital video recording, you will surely enjoy your DIRECTV programming. You never have to worry about missing your favorite shows again as it lets you watch them whenever you want.

You can certainly purchase and record Rolling Stones-One More Shot (Live) on 12/15/12. You can also add DIRECTV CINEMA™ movies to your queue and order Pay Per View Events up to 12 days in advance. Once recorded, it will be stored in your HD DVR's hard drive unless otherwise deleted."

Hope this helps,
Dennis

#9 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,144 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

With the convenience of digital video recording, you will surely enjoy your DIRECTV programming. You never have to worry about missing your favorite shows again as it lets you watch them whenever you want.

You can certainly purchase and record Rolling Stones-One More Shot (Live) on 12/15/12. You can also add DIRECTV CINEMA™ movies to your queue and order Pay Per View Events up to 12 days in advance. Once recorded, it will be stored in your HD DVR's hard drive unless otherwise deleted."

Hope this helps,
Dennis

that didn't answer the question.

#10 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

I sub to HBO and will watch it later in the month :lol:

Saw them live in 1965-1972-1978-1981-1989-1994-2005 still rolling :lol:
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#11 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hope this helps,
Dennis

that didn't answer the question.

:)

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#12 OFFLINE   kenmoo

kenmoo

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

One question down one to go. Does anyone know if the Rolling Stones PFV concert will be recordable on all three of my DirecTV DVR's at the same time if I set it to record on each of them.

Never had a PFV before so not sure when I order if they will ask me which DVR I want it on?

#13 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

If you order through the receiver it will only be available on that specific receiver. If you order through DIRECTV.com it will be available on all receivers in your house.

#14 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

If you order on line ppv will show up on all receivers. But you will have to set all receivers to record.

#15 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,645 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

You gents might enjoy Whole Home service, then!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#16 OFFLINE   DMKing12370

DMKing12370

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Every now and then Vince McMahon decides that he wants to expand his business to include more than just "sports entertainment." This is the second time he has done a non-WWF/E/WBF pay per view event (the first one was a Sugar Ray Leonard/Donny Lalonde boxing match way back in 1988.

Speaking of the Rolling Stones, they are live in concert as I write this comment. They are playing free of charge across several networks at the 121212 concert from Vince's favorite place (Madison Square Garden).

#17 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,820 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Every now and then Vince McMahon decides that he wants to expand his business to include more than just "sports entertainment." This is the second time he has done a non-WWF/E/WBF pay per view event (the first one was a Sugar Ray Leonard/Donny Lalonde boxing match way back in 1988.

You saw him crying after Linda lost right? He needs to make those millions back so she can run again in 4 years ;)

Speaking of the Rolling Stones, they are live in concert as I write this comment. They are playing free of charge across several networks at the 121212 concert from Vince's favorite place (Madison Square Garden).

Vince hates the Garden now. The Dolans charge an arm and a leg for the place along with ridiculous convenience charges on every ticket, so they only do one house show a year there and the occasional Raw or PPV. They also don't bring their set to MSG events anymore so they can sell every seat to actually make a profit there.

#18 OFFLINE   DMKing12370

DMKing12370

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

You saw him crying after Linda lost right? He needs to make those millions back so she can run again in 4 years ;)

Vince hates the Garden now. The Dolans charge an arm and a leg for the place along with ridiculous convenience charges on every ticket, so they only do one house show a year there and the occasional Raw or PPV. They also don't bring their set to MSG events anymore so they can sell every seat to actually make a profit there.

Actually I think Linda will give up the idea of being a Senator and instead run for Governor of Connecticut in two years. 100 million dollars (most of it their own money) is what the McMahons spent trying to get the Senate. She has to do it the old fashioned way and start in small incriments.

As far as the MSG shows, your points are valid. But you have to remember that WWE is doing a lot more international shows plus there is competition from new arenas (like Brooklyn's Barclays Center) so there aren't as many available dates as there used to be.

#19 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 938 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

I sub to HBO and will watch it later in the month :lol:

Saw them live in 1965-1972-1978-1981-1989-1994-2005 still rolling :lol:

Really? On HBO? This month? When?.....(Assume you're not talking about"CrossfireHurricane"...)

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#20 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Really? On HBO? This month? When?.....(Assume you're not talking about"CrossfireHurricane"...)

It will be re-broadcast - Just like all the fights and wwe events before maybe - later this month maybe early next year-(stones) won't miss a chance to get revenue form repeat content.
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

spam firewall