Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rolling Stones PPV Question

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,166 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

It will be re-broadcast - Just like all the fights and wwe events before maybe - later this month maybe early next year-(stones) won't miss a chance to get revenue form repeat content.

WWE PPVs have never reaired on HBO. The only PPV Events that reair on HBO are boxing events produced by HBO PPV.

Edited by KyL416, 13 December 2012 - 12:38 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

WWE PPVs have never reaired on HBO. The only PPV Events that reair on HBO are boxing events produced by HBO PPV.

And they almost never re-air any of the undercard fights, which often times (excluding Marquez flattening Pacquiao :D) are more entertaining than the main event.

#23 ONLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,166 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I doubt the PPV will re-air, rather it will turn into a home video like the ones in the recent past...

It will reair multiple times on PPV over the next month, it's likely going to be available on demand too.

#24 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

But Wrestlemania 2 did reair on Showtime.

#25 ONLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,166 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

But Wrestlemania 2 did reair on Showtime.

That was when cable was still in its infancy and many providers didn't even have PPV service yet, many of them were only using filters on the pole that required a truck roll anytime someone wanted to subscribe to a premium channel. Outside of the few systems that had the new addressable technology, most of the live viewing was done in theaters.

#26 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

That was when cable was still in its infancy and many providers didn't even have PPV service yet, many of them were only using filters on the pole that required a truck roll anytime someone wanted to subscribe to a premium channel. Outside of the few systems that had the new addressable technology, most of the live viewing was done in theaters.

I know all of that. Just stating a fact it was re-aired on Showtime.

#27 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

If I order the Rolling Stones PPV concert on Saturday night can I dvr it and watch it when I get home? Will it expire in 24 hours? Never ordered PPV live event before.

I thought they were on the AARP CHANNEL!!! :lol:

And the Rolling Stones stated that Anyone Over The Age Of 30 Should Die Or Be Killed!!! Look At Them Now!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Richierich, 14 December 2012 - 11:54 PM.

DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#28 OFFLINE   rjc

rjc

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I spoke with DirecTV today and was advised that if I bought it and recorded it that it would only be available to rewatch for 24 hours after the concert so be aware of that

They also said that it is likely that they will make it available later on again at a reduced price.

I wanted to record it for someone who cannot come over for 3 days so I am not going for it

#29 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I spoke with DirecTV today and was advised that if I bought it and recorded it that it would only be available to rewatch for 24 hours after the concert so be aware of that

They also said that it is likely that they will make it available later on again at a reduced price.

I wanted to record it for someone who cannot come over for 3 days so I am not going for it

Can't say I have ever heard of this method of doing things with them but if accurate I guess there's a first time for everything.

#30 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

It was a helluva show.

#31 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I sub to HBO and will watch it later in the month :lol:

Saw them live in 1965-1972-1978-1981-1989-1994-2005 still rolling :lol:

You only *think* you saw them live most of those dates.

#32 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I thought it was a terrific show last night. I've seen the Stones a few times live and I thought last night's show was as good as any of them. The last Stones concert film, Martin Scorsese's Shine A Light, showed a tired, over-the-hill band. Last night they were back to being The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band In The World.

Easily the highlight was Mick Taylor sitting in on Midnight Rambler. No, that's wrong - he didn't sit in. He took over the band. Mick Taylor was back to being the lead guitarist of the Rolling Stones. It was wonderful. Taylor was their guitarist when I first became a Stones fan in 1969 and through much of my college years. He will always be my favorite Stones lead guitar player.

As for the remarks upthread as to whether we will be able to keep this show on our DVRs, it's still there today. There is no "good until" date as there are with VODs. I know DirecTV could erase it from my hard drive tomorrow - hell, they could wipe the whole thing clean if they wanted to - but for now, there is no indication they will.

Edited by Carl Spock, 16 December 2012 - 06:51 PM.

hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

Protected By... spam firewall...And...