Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Incomplete installation...Dish is about to lose a loyal customer!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ClingF18

ClingF18

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Anyone have any recommendations...I was very excited to get my Hopper/Joey installed yesterday. Tech started at around 2pm. At 8pm he still could only get 1 of 3 satellites active and said he would submit an emergency work order and be back in the morning. No word from him and Dish says it will be a few days to get on the schedule. Really? With an incomplete setup? Unbelievable that they are willing to walk away with an incomplete installation and leave me with NO demo of the Hopper/Joey system, NO HD, minimal channel availability, NO sling adapter re-install, and NO wifi system setup. I had no issues with my dual ViP 722 setup and was happy to upgrade. Now I am just about ready to cancel my service. Anyone else have issues like this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

PM a DIRT team member like Zachs http://www.dbstalk.c...ber.php?u=98267 or Ray C http://www.dbstalk.c...ber.php?u=95802.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

I apologize your installation was not completed as scheduled. Please PM me your account number so I can review the options available to schedule a technician to return. Please let me know. Thanks.

Anyone have any recommendations...I was very excited to get my Hopper/Joey installed yesterday. Tech started at around 2pm. At 8pm he still could only get 1 of 3 satellites active and said he would submit an emergency work order and be back in the morning. No word from him and Dish says it will be a few days to get on the schedule. Really? With an incomplete setup? Unbelievable that they are willing to walk away with an incomplete installation and leave me with NO demo of the Hopper/Joey system, NO HD, minimal channel availability, NO sling adapter re-install, and NO wifi system setup. I had no issues with my dual ViP 722 setup and was happy to upgrade. Now I am just about ready to cancel my service. Anyone else have issues like this?

#4 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Sorry to hear you're having problems but I've been with Dish for 12+ years and have never had a problem with any service performed at my house. I recently upgraded to dual Hoppers from dual 622s and it was one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had with any company. It's odd that they had a problem pulling in the Sats if you already had them connected to dual 722s. Did they swap the actual dish setup (EA to WA or vice-versa, dual dish to single, etc.)? I agree that e-mailing the DIRT members on this forum is probably the best way to get this resolved if calling Dish directly doesn't get it done for you quickly. Good luck!

#5 OFFLINE   ClingF18

ClingF18

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks Ray. Seems that I cannot PM until I have 5 posts.

#6 OFFLINE   ClingF18

ClingF18

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks thomasjk. I'll try.

#7 OFFLINE   ClingF18

ClingF18

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Sorry to hear you're having problems but I've been with Dish for 12+ years and have never had a problem with any service performed at my house. I recently upgraded to dual Hoppers from dual 622s and it was one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had with any company. It's odd that they had a problem pulling in the Sats if you already had them connected to dual 722s. Did they swap the actual dish setup (EA to WA or vice-versa, dual dish to single, etc.)? I agree that e-mailing the DIRT members on this forum is probably the best way to get this resolved if calling Dish directly doesn't get it done for you quickly. Good luck!

Thanks. I hope to have the same experience. After customer service tried to blame me for sending the tech home incomplete I almost cancelled my service then and there. Very frustrated.

#8 OFFLINE   ClingF18

ClingF18

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

I apologize your installation was not completed as scheduled. Please PM me your account number so I can review the options available to schedule a technician to return. Please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks Ray C. Will try now.

#9 OFFLINE   ClingF18

ClingF18

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Ray C of the DIRT was able to get my issue resolved quickly. I only have 1 day under my belt with the Hopper/Joey system. So far so good though! I suspect it was just a bad apple with Dish Customer Service that was unwilling to work with my schedule to get my installation completed.

#10 OFFLINE   lonerwulf

lonerwulf

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

One or both of the drop lines from dish to node is bad. As an installer I have seen this several times

spam firewall