Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any workarounds for getting OTA EPG for Charlottesville without having view of 129

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pookycade

pookycade

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Charlottesville,VA area. Two hoppers, both with USB OTA dongles. Hoppers receive and can view 16, 19, 27, 29, 41 including subs, but no EPG info for ANY channel. Contacted Dish advanced tech support and am told that all EPG for OTA comes from the stations themselves and NOT from Dish and that I need to contact my local channels ! (Someone needs to clue their own tech support in on things).

My installation has a view of 61.5 and 77 sats, but not 129 sat where SD locals come in (due to tree obstructions). Was hoping for ability to combine HD locals thru USB OTA hopper with satellite channels from 61.5 for a complete HD system. Looking at an offsite unofficial channel satellite list it seems all the OTA EPG for Charlottesville OTA channels is coming thru 129 on subchannels. Now looking like I might have to go back to cable. Are there any solutions here ? Please confirm.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

If you are wanting any National HD channels, you should look at getting 72 along with 61.5. 77 is mostly for various local market channels.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

For the guide to contain information for OTA channels, you need the local feed from us. Without this feed, you will not have EPG information for the OTA channels.

You said you do not have LOS for satellite 129. Your Charlottesville locals are feed on satellite 129.

I don't have an answer for your other question. Thanks.

Charlottesville,VA area. Two hoppers, both with USB OTA dongles. Hoppers receive and can view 16, 19, 27, 29, 41 including subs, but no EPG info for ANY channel. Contacted Dish advanced tech support and am told that all EPG for OTA comes from the stations themselves and NOT from Dish and that I need to contact my local channels ! (Someone needs to clue their own tech support in on things).

My installation has a view of 61.5 and 77 sats, but not 129 sat where SD locals come in (due to tree obstructions). Was hoping for ability to combine HD locals thru USB OTA hopper with satellite channels from 61.5 for a complete HD system. Looking at an offsite unofficial channel satellite list it seems all the OTA EPG for Charlottesville OTA channels is coming thru 129 on subchannels. Now looking like I might have to go back to cable. Are there any solutions here ? Please confirm.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...