Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

mtv hits, mtv jams, mtv u, vh1 soul and cmt pure country

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mkdtv21

mkdtv21

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'm not sure if I'm breaking the programming forum rules by posting this but since these channels aren't available on Directv at all I would like to ask this question.
Since Directv will never add them in sd do you think once MTV networks starts broadcasting these channels in hd will Directv add them in HD?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

NO

#3 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm not sure if I'm breaking the programming forum rules by posting this but since these channels aren't available on Directv at all I would like to ask this question.
Since Directv will never add them in sd do you think once MTV networks starts broadcasting these channels in hd will Directv add them in HD?

I doubt they have any plans to switch them to HD anytime soon. Although that hasn't stopped Dish Network from putting Logo and Centric on their HD tier even though Viacom still hasn't uplinked an HD feed for them and doesn't even list their HD feeds as even existing in the launch forms on their affiliate site...

I wish DirecTV would add them though as people always complain that MTV doesn't air music videos anymore, completely ignoring their dedicated music video stations.

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

I get all of those on Xfinity, but none are in HD currently (at least on my cable system). I seriously doubt DirecTv will add any additional SD channels, unless its just really popular, or a public service channel that actually pays Directv for carriage.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I get all of those on Xfinity, but none are in HD currently (at least on my cable system). I seriously doubt DirecTv will add any additional SD channels, unless its just really popular, or a public service channel that actually pays Directv for carriage.

Oh evil Comcast and their extra channels. Recently saw the new GUI they are offering and thought it was pretty nice... Pretty nice looking HD as well.

I have and enjoy the above offerings through Fios.

#6 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I doubt they have any plans to switch them to HD anytime soon. Although that hasn't stopped Dish Network from putting Logo and Centric on their HD tier even though Viacom still hasn't uplinked an HD feed for them and doesn't even list their HD feeds as even existing in the launch forms on their affiliate site...

I wish DirecTV would add them though as people always complain that MTV doesn't air music videos anymore, completely ignoring their dedicated music video stations.

I agree about MTV. They only show fake and staged reality shows that are frequented by 14 year old Beiber fans who believe any friggin' thing. And how about the VMA's, where the Twilight saga runs over the competition solely because MTV produces the show. Ridiculous. I watched the Hurricane Sandy event and loved it because REAL music was playing.

#7 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Oh evil Comcast and their extra channels. Recently saw the new GUI they are offering and thought it was pretty nice... Pretty nice looking HD as well.

I have and enjoy the above offerings through Fios.

There roll out plan it sucks and no multi room with it yet also has 6 tuners but only 3 are tuners on.

And there HD line up sucks. NO hd net movies / no hd net / no mgm hd / very poor Premium HD / very poor MLB EI / NHL CI / NBA LP HD. NO big ten alt hd ECT.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#8 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

There roll out plan it sucks and no multi room with it yet also has 6 tuners but only 3 are tuners on.

And there HD line up sucks. NO hd net movies / no hd net / no mgm hd / very poor Premium HD / very poor MLB EI / NHL CI / NBA LP HD. NO big ten alt hd ECT.

I live in Philly and they tend to get the newest HD channels first(usually). Either way, I'm not returning to Comcast. I also don't see them as being evil in any way. Direct TV doesn't seem to want to offer Philly an RSN so in my mind tend to be the lesser option for local residents. I mean, LA residents get their overpriced, horse **** local sports option but not philadelphia? Fios worked out a price for local Philadelphia sports and Direct TV could as well but still chooses not to. People here would be happy to pay the extra RSN fee to get local Philly teams on D*.

#9 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,377 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

I suspect you might eventually find those channels as on demand only channels on directv, but that would be about it. Possibly sometime in the next year or so, since they did just sign a new agreement this past summer and it takes a while for new stuff to appear after that kind of thing.

#10 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,377 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

I live in Philly and they tend to get the newest HD channels first(usually). Either way, I'm not returning to Comcast. I also don't see them as being evil in any way. Direct TV doesn't seem to want to offer Philly an RSN so in my mind tend to be the lesser option for local residents. I mean, LA residents get their overpriced, horse **** local sports option but not philadelphia? Fios worked out a price for local Philadelphia sports and Direct TV could as well but still chooses not to. People here would be happy to pay the extra RSN fee to get local Philly teams on D*.

A deal with Fios and a deal with Directv would be massively (read far far more expensive) different.

With that said, I see some say that they don;t have as many linear channels for some of the premiums. Is that true in your area, or do you have all the same channels as Directv? I wouldn't be surprised if you have less linear and yet have all the same programs available via on demand.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...