Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad Issue

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

I have had Nomad up and running for a while. I hadn't used it in a bit and went to transfer some programs for an upcoming trip. I keep getting the account validation required message (AR/3004). I have uninstalled and re-installed the application to no avail. I have also unplugged and plugged back in the Nomad.

I have a macbook air running OSX version 10.8.2 and Nomad version 1.0.0. Any further ideas or do I need to call DirecTV?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

No ideas? I called Directv and just got escalated and awaiting an answer. Any help would be appreciated as my trip starts Sunday.

#3 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Make sure your Nomad is connected to the Internet so it can talk to the Account Authentication Server.

If it can't communicate with the Server it can't Verify that your Account is in good standing, verify your DVRs, etc.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

All networks have been verified as working. I have also reset the nomad to no avail.

#5 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I finally got past this error and now get a cannot find Nomad error, Find/502. Any ideas? I have verified all devices are on the same network and sub mask. I have reset the nomad after the message and also restarted everything. Any help would be appreciated.

#6 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

What do your status lights indicate on the nomad? All blue, white, flashing, amber?

Do you have an iphone or ipad or different computer to try? Does your HD DVR pass the networking tests?

When uninstalling the Mac OS client software, also go to <username> Library/Preferences/com.directv.application.mac.nomad.production.plist <-- delete this file.

Also delete the Nomad folder at - Library/Application Support/Nomad.

Change to a different ethernet cable connecting your nomad to the router directly.

Do a hard reset of the Nomad - hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.

#7 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Apparently the Nomad client software does not work with 10.8 Mountain Lion.

When you had the Nomad working, was it with 10.8?

#8 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

So much for the Mac OS 10.6.8 or above that is listed on the D* web site! I have been in contact with D* and they have not yet told me my OS is not supported. All lights are solid blue, no flashing. I have tried a hard reset to no avail. Have not tried the plist files so I will try that next and let you know. I don't have another computer to try and my HDDVR passes the network tests. Also tried different cables which didn't work either. Thanks for trying to help!

#9 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Just got off the phone with D* again and they are saying it is my firewall. No way that is the problem so I am stuck. I can see everything on my network and all have the correct addresses and sub masks. Basically I have to contact Comcast and Apple. D* says it isn't their problem!

#10 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Temporarily turn off the firewall on your router and any software firewall on your Mac and see what happens.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#11 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

If it is the firewall, then it is surprising to see all blue lights. OP says it worked at one time.

Merg gives good advice --- turn off firewalls and test.

#12 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,596 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Just got off the phone with D* again and they are saying it is my firewall. No way that is the problem so I am stuck. I can see everything on my network and all have the correct addresses and sub masks. Basically I have to contact Comcast and Apple. D* says it isn't their problem!

Did you find and delete the files mentioned earlier? That's fixed it for me before.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#13 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hi all, I have turned off all of my firewalls, retested and still no go. Laxguy, I did delete all of those files as well and reinstalled and still no go. I can see the DVR and the nomad on my network and ping both of them successfully. I am running out of ideas.

#14 OFFLINE   Hoffer

Hoffer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

I recently had a problem with my Nomad. I had it connected to a switch, which is then connected to my router. I had to power cycle the switch and then the Nomad to get it working again.

#15 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hi all, I have turned off all of my firewalls, retested and still no go. Laxguy, I did delete all of those files as well and reinstalled and still no go. I can see the DVR and the nomad on my network and ping both of them successfully. I am running out of ideas.

My experience on Macintosh generally indicates that deleting and reinstalling the application does nothing. It's the preferences and sometimes hidden files that need shooting in the head.

When you launch nomad, what message do you get?

#16 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

This is a shot in the dark.

If you are using a comcast provided router, try replacing it with a standard router. Also, I have heard of internet providers securing their DNS (like DNSSEC) networks by creating their own private network unbeknownst to you. If they are doing this then the nomad would not appear to be on your private network.

Have Comcast stop the secure DNS service.

#17 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Most interesting, volkl! Can you elaborate a touch? I have CCast, but use my own router a nice Netgear, and have had no problems - well, no problems except service grinding to a halt from time to time.....

#18 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I can't elaborate because I don't have direct knowledge.

I read that some verizon users had this problem when using the verizon cable modem router combo.

Did a search on Xfinity Comcast service and saw that they use DNSSEC. Sounded familiar so took a shot in the dark.

The technical support site of D* shows threads about lots of people having trouble w/ the Nomad. It needs quite a few ports open, multi-casting turned on, UPNP turned on, and you need the DVR settings at allow sharing on. Seems Win 7 64bit has problems w/ the Nomad. Switches complicate matters more.

Mine is working great. TW roadrunner Cisco cable modem --> Apple Extreme router --->Nomad, and Airport Express ---> DVR. DVR is wireless to the Extreme router. DVR is fixed ip outside of DHCP range. Nomad ip is not fixed and within DHCP assignable range.

It would be interesting if the OP could try another device or computer as the Nomad client.

#19 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well, I have had problems with my Nomad connecting and displaying 3 Blue Lights. I have Rebooted my Router and my Nomad and somtimes it seems to connect for a while and then I get a White Light on the Status Indicator and No Blue Lights for the Network or Activity Indicators.

So after reading this thread about Firewalls causing problems I noticed mine was turned On (which I normally leave Off) so I turned if Off and then Rebooted my Nomad and it has been working for over 2 hours now.

I hope this has corrected my problem. :D
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#20 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

The nomad was working prior to having this problem. No network changes have been made and the only thing I think has changed is that I upgraded my MacBook Air to Mountain Lion. I use a Linksys router, not one supplied by Comcast >> Netgear wireless router>devices. I can ping everything on my network and disabling the firewalls do make a difference. I have 3 solid blue lights on the nomad.

spam firewall