Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad Issue

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,990 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

I could post the last 5 years of CERT notifications for security issues with the Apple OS, but I think the mods would get upset with the number of posts it would require - the only secure OS is one that is installed on a piece of equipment that has no outside connect except for a keybaord and a mouse and is under full video recording 24x7x365. Amazing how these so called secure OS's have holes that the companies never say anything about - Linux, MAC are the two that aer bandied about the most, oh and lets not forget Android.

Don't want no stinkin' notifications posted :) ; just a practical explanation of what damage this has done to average users of Macs. (MAC is something(s) else.)
I am not maintaining that I am invulnerable to a successful attack today or tomorrow, just that it's a miniscule risk. I am not that interesting to anyone with the power to hack me or attack me.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Don't want no stinkin' notifications posted :) ; just a practical explanation of what damage this has done to average users of Macs. (MAC is something(s) else.)
I am not maintaining that I am invulnerable to a successful attack today or tomorrow, just that it's a miniscule risk. I am not that interesting to anyone with the power to hack me or attack me.

the CERT notifications are information about security issues in computer software that can be utilized to hijack, destroy systems, or steal data. The notifcations of security holes in Apple's software that can allow theft of data are more numerous then most apple supporters like to believe

As far as "I am not that interesting to anyone with the power to hack me or attack me" that is way off the mark - if you have a good credit rating you are the ideal target for anyone out there that deals with ID theft, that is unless you never look up your checking account, mortgages, credit card bills or purchase anything that requires you to enter your personal information or credit card numbers.

This is off topic but even Apple needs Anti-Virus software, if it did not the major players in that inductry would not spend the time nor the resources required to write, test and maintian the product.

Good luck

Protected By... spam firewall...And...